1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Driveways!

Discussion in 'Home and Garden' started by IceCream, Sep 16, 2019.

1. EdwardTeach

Mobster

We just had ours done. We used elite pave based in hemel Hempstead - I would recommend if you're are anywhere nearby. We had tegular block paving, it is a massive upgrade from gravel!

2. DB_SamX

Sgarrista

Most of the effort is in teh sub-base with SUDS. I've seen non-permeable sub-bases being passed off as permeable and then having issues needing to be resolved at greater cost and effot.

3. Psycho Sonny

Caporegime

mono block paving - anything else will have drainage issues or look terrible.

will need power washed and sand brushed in every year though to keep it looking well

4. Jez

Caporegime

You want it to look as though you park on grass? :confused: Both look like horrendous options surely, designed more for an overflow carpark or hidden access road over a field or similar?

5. Abyss

Mobster

They are both basically just grasscrete and are terrible solutions for a well used driveway:
    • The grass will die due to lack of light and damage from car tyres / compaction of debris if a car is parked on it frequently
    • The mud will then get washed out
    • Anyone in high heels will dig into the mud likely causing trips
    • It's also a nighmare to get the grass to seed/germinate or turf to mesh unless you're prepared to not use the driveway for 2 months+
    As you say it's great for overflow car parks or infrequently used spaces, but not suitable for regular parking / use.

6. Jez

Caporegime

Indeed, last time i saw that stuff was to create a temporary carpark at an office block on some of the (grass) grounds while the main one was being worked on for a period :p

7. FishThrower

Wise Guy

Sorry, but that looks absolutely terrible