Poll: ** DRONES: WHO HAS ONE, WHO WANTS ONE? **

Do you own or a drone or would you buy one?

• Yes I already own a drone (Post up some images/videos)

Votes: 40 13.0%
  • I am considering buying a drone

Votes: 115 37.5%
  • Drones do not interest me

Votes: 152 49.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Not too pricey to build but not cheap either!

Carries my go pro fine. Was last winters project.

Good fun to mess around.

IMAG0793.jpg

IMAG0794.jpg

Man of Honour
Yeh they are not toys

I've only flown the DJI F450 with the fatshark goggles a few times, mostly line of sight, but the 250 racing quad I like to fly FPV.

I still wouldn't choose to go down the route of a prebuilt one, but that's just me personally, if something happens I would want to know how it goes back together.

Its leaning towards autumn now and the F450 I have had some good hours flying time with through its modes (atti, gps).

The 250 Quad iv also loved more because its incredibly fun to fly, fast and agile but takes some practise if you take it in to rate mode, thanks to the help of some forum members in here over the summer I have stuck some flying hours in on the 250 and tuned it in good, thats another thing, the flight controllers on the racing ones I like as you can fine tune the settings to give it that dialled in feeling in full rate mode using the Naze 32 flight controller board and cleanflight software.

The DJI F450 also has a GPS Naza V2 flight controller onboard.

My plans for this winter is to buy another cheap VTX and camera for the F450 and get FPV mounted on that so its on both, and possibly sort out a perm mobius camera mount for the DJI

Any work I do will be documented in the Multi-rotor thread on the forums. Been a bit slow recently due to work and exams

[/QUOTE]

Nice.

Those look like they could do some damage, what kind of insurance do you have?

Soldato
I really want one.

But if that Ahmed kid can get busted for building a clock, I worry what might happen to me when....... 'ASIAN MAN FOUND IN POSESSION OF A DRONE OMG!!!!'

Soldato
I really want one.

But if that Ahmed kid can get busted for building a clock, I worry what might happen to me when....... 'ASIAN MAN FOUND IN POSESSION OF A DRONE OMG!!!!'

As you have posted that you really want one, expect you're front door to be smashed in during the night and a black hood pulled over you're head and thrown in to the back of a unmarked van. Enjoy you're last few hours of freedom, shaank.

Soldato
As you have posted that you really want one, expect you're front door to be smashed in during the night and a black hood pulled over you're head and thrown in to the back of a unmarked van. Enjoy you're last few hours of freedom, shaank.

Could be worse.

Could have been my back door being smashed in during the night :D

Soldato
Nice.

Those look like they could do some damage, what kind of insurance do you have?

At the moment I dont have any, but I pick carefully where I fly, not like those people you see flying them in built up areas etc

They are safe in the right hands, and the right locations

People after a quick go though and not research properly is where it will/has gone wrong.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not interested in them plus it's illegal to fly them near people and in built up areas. If some ****head flies one over my property I'd shoot it down.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Sold my water-cooled PC to a chap that was in to drones in a big way.

He turned up with a VW van and inside was what I could only describe as the biggest flight case, I've ever seen. He was telling me about his aerial photography business and it was really interesting.. well, more than aerial photography he was doing thermal mapping for developers looking to assess the thermal performance of apartment buildings without the need for a large tower scaffold.. he just happened to do a lot of aerial photography too!

When he opened the flight case it looked like something out of Terminator, the thing must have been 5ft square and looked like it could carry a small child :eek:

I'd like to get one, but realistically I wouldn't find the time to fly it.

Back
Top Bottom