Poll: ** DRONES: WHO HAS ONE, WHO WANTS ONE? **

Do you own or a drone or would you buy one?

• Yes I already own a drone (Post up some images/videos)

Votes: 40 13.0%
  • I am considering buying a drone

Votes: 115 37.5%
  • Drones do not interest me

Votes: 152 49.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
I would be interested in a Drone but despite the many thousands i have spent with OCUK over the past 16 or 17 years- not at OCUK prices.

Don
Nobody here is talking about S900s w/ GH4s or SkyJibs w/Arris or Red Epics being used in a commerical filming operation though. They cost thousands and produce a completely different calibre of photography.

They're not in the same category as the cheaper toys being discussed in this thread for potential sale at OcUK.

What a bizarre comment.

Also, I think aerial footage is overdone in films and TVs generally. Far too often it's just filler material that adds nothing.

I am talking about them. I'm not talking about toy copters. I think you underestimate the capability of devices such as the Inspire and Phantom 3 Pro.
I own and fly an S900. The Inspire can also go in the same category as they are used commercially too.

If we are talking about toy quadcopters then I will bow out. I thought we were talking about products from DJI which are hardly described as toys.

Soldato
If we are talking about toy quadcopters then I will bow out. I thought we were talking about products from DJI which are hardly described as toys.

Of course they're toys. Expensive gadgets = toys by any other name.

Like I said though, I don't care about drones or the photography they produce and you talking about your S900 with a NEX mirrorless hooked up to it isn't the same as the BBC or whoever using drones with a commerical camera for cinematography.

Last edited:
Associate

Just been looking at that. Will be interested to see what sort of flight times they get from it. If it works as well as it appears to in the videos, then I think they will have been one of the first to pull it off properly.

I'm not sure what the legalities are of flying something in the UK that you effectively have no control of if something goes wrong? That would worry me.

Associate
Thought there was a built in auto adjust to level out the horizon for the p2v+ in post processing?

Was that added after initial release? This is quite an old image but maybe I didn't know about it then as this was some of the first few flights I had.

Its only recently that I updated all my software as I'd had trouble getting my pc to detect it to update.

Caporegime
Was that added after initial release? This is quite an old image but maybe I didn't know about it then as this was some of the first few flights I had.

Its only recently that I updated all my software as I'd had trouble getting my pc to detect it to update.

No idea but pretty sure its in the current software to auto remove the fish eye affect if you want to.

Back
Top Bottom