OP
dunc said:
:p

I may have close on 1k to dump tomorrow. We may be neck and neck again :D

Dunc

VeNT:181201
Dunc:181271
only 70 in it!

and I've got 600 points dropping in 50 mins!

oh and 1500 over the next 48 hours or so.
oddly, I've got another two 1808s in there, both taking 36-48 hours to complete!
AHHHHHHHH

Soldato
VeNT said:
VeNT:181201
Dunc:181271
only 70 in it!

and I've got 600 points dropping in 50 mins!

oh and 1500 over the next 48 hours or so.
oddly, I've got another two 1808s in there, both taking 36-48 hours to complete!
AHHHHHHHH

May be too late. I am dumping too :p

Dunc

Soldato
OP
dunc said:
He He He :D

Trying to keep you on your toes ;)

I have 364 more to dump today.

Dunc
non more today, 600+153 in next 24h
another 600+153 in the next 24-48h
396 + 381 in the next 52+76h.

this is all depended on the WU I get after these ones to finish next.

Soldato
Well.....

I am going to be away from home for the next 10 days. I will have no control over my rigs :(

But.....

I have decided to pool my resources. Therefore I will have 3 rigs running under Dunc rather than just the 1

As a result I will issue my final PARP and STOMP ;)

I have enjoyed the chase, and I am sorry for being a spoilsport :(

Fold on

Dunc

Soldato
OP
I've just made it easyer for you anyway
lightning strike, almost ALL my home crunchers are dead :( not even the router survived (infact it went though the phone line over the router to most of the PCs it seems, as they are all on UPS, took out all the onboard ethernet connections.
I'm unsure what the insurance will pay out on them but I doubt they will replace them all.
you're nearly a full 2000 points ahead as I post this, good race!

Soldato
VeNT said:
lightning strike, almost ALL my home crunchers are dead :( not even the router survived (infact it went though the phone line over the router to most of the PCs it seems, as they are all on UPS, took out all the onboard ethernet connections.
I'm unsure what the insurance will pay out on them but I doubt they will replace them all.

:eek: :(

So has it actually killed your PCs full stop or just the ethernet ports on them? So unlucky if it's actually killed them, really feel for you mate - I'd go spare if it happened to me, and I've only got two rigs.

Soldato
OP
TheTross said:
:eek: :(

So has it actually killed your PCs full stop or just the ethernet ports on them? So unlucky if it's actually killed them, really feel for you mate - I'd go spare if it happened to me, and I've only got two rigs.

I've rigged up a few old bits (1700, some old MSN board with onboard everything and some ram that seems ok) its looking more and more like all the motherboards are dead, most of them won't post, just sit at the CPU readout etc, will not detect hard drives/ram etc, a few graphics cards are gone too, most of the PSUs, it looks like it hit the phone line AND the power line, took out the router and the switch as well as my wireless bridge and any PC that was attached to the switch, but also the PSUs on a few have blown!

I think it must have been SO close (ie right on our line) to have done this much damage, best bit is we've lost one of our BT lines and will not have it checked out till the 24th (next thursday!!) as I run my business off this line its kinda crutial! pitty I'm not on BT Business as they have to pay for every day you're without a line over x days :( .

I've spoken to my insurance co, they have sent the forms out, I'm going to invetory everything thats dead, with any luck the PCs without motherboards anymore will just be replaced with systems I can build myself (how about 5 new core duo clients?) but I'm unsure what the situation will be.

I'll keep you guys posted, hold the fort for me while I'm gone!

atleast I got my 180,000 tiffy in before they all died!

cert.php

and dunc, you better get a good lead on me while you can, I intend to be back and fighting fit before the months out, expect higher output here soon!

Last edited:
Soldato
VeNT said:
and dunc, you better get a good lead on me while you can, I intend to be back and fighting fit before the months out, expect higher output here soon!
:D

Thats fighting talk ;)

Seriously tho, I hope that all works out. I would be rather emotional if that had happened to me.

Do not expect me to drag my heels waiting for you tho :D

Spiffy Tiffy good Sah. I must also have one of those somewhere

/goes digging......

Dunc

Soldato
OP
good news, checked my paperwork, and I'm covered for lightning strikes!
just got to cover the excess and show that they should all be replaced with Core Duos with loadsa ram etc!

Soldato
Fantastic news there sah!

So which Core Duos you going to plump for? If you manage to get a load of those then this could well have been a blessing in disguise - apart for poor dunc, of course... :p

Soldato
OP
TheTross said:
Fantastic news there sah!

So which Core Duos you going to plump for? If you manage to get a load of those then this could well have been a blessing in disguise - apart for poor dunc, of course... :p
hehe
wonder if I can fob em off that a 1.6GHZ core duo is the same as a 1.6GHZ Athlon XP?

Back
Top Bottom