Dune: Part 2 (2024)

Soldato
OP
A few things omitted I would have loved to have seen but all the big changes worked fairly well given the condensing of the material. The cinematography is just obnoxiously good in places. Wasn’t sure if he’d go the way of the book and have the abrupt ending… but Messiah is surely nailed on at this point. I’m a big fan of all 6 in the series and I suppose it’s better I’m annoyed at wanting more than annoyed at what’s been delivered (damn you Denis for being so ruthless in the editing room), although if they decide to push on with someone different for Children of Dune… it’ll probably be a bad idea. Enjoyed.

Soldato
FFS, we travelled a bit with friends to go see it yesterday on a better screen than available locally and ended up in a showing with a group of about 8-10 kids of the ADHD generation... #@!$'s

We knew they were going to be trouble during the trailers, standing up, shouting, laughing etc and yep they continued into the film. Loads of us telling them to shut up and sit down but they didn't give 1 **** :mad: By the time the staff had come in multiple times and finally got them out, with lots of drama, they had ruined the first 1/3 of the film, ******s

Have got free tickets from the cinema as compo, but you only get that first viewing once and as said, it's not a cinema that's near us at all, as it was closer to my friends. ****s

Just reading this makes me want to go full on vigilante on your behalf. Not at all kidding. :mad:

Soldato
Watched this in Imax on Sunday and very much enjoyed the film. Totally worth seeing in Imax, the scenery and the sound were immense. Very tempted to go again if I have the time.

Associate
The Pcturehouse Central has a 70mm showing but doesn't have an IMAX. Would it be better to just go for the standard 35mm if you're not watching on an IMAX? What's the difference / point of watching the 70mm on a standard screen?

Soldato
The Pcturehouse Central has a 70mm showing but doesn't have an IMAX. Would it be better to just go for the standard 35mm if you're not watching on an IMAX? What's the difference / point of watching the 70mm on a standard screen?

Its projected via film rather than digitally (which is what I assume you mean by 35mm) - so not much really, one for purists.

Soldato
Anyone seen at o cineworld know how long the trailers are. Going tonight but got something to do before and want to ensure I'm there on time.

Soldato
FFS, we travelled a bit with friends to go see it yesterday on a better screen than available locally and ended up in a showing with a group of about 8-10 kids of the ADHD generation... #@!$'s

We knew they were going to be trouble during the trailers, standing up, shouting, laughing etc and yep they continued into the film. Loads of us telling them to shut up and sit down but they didn't give 1 **** :mad: By the time the staff had come in multiple times and finally got them out, with lots of drama, they had ruined the first 1/3 of the film, ******s

Have got free tickets from the cinema as compo, but you only get that first viewing once and as said, it's not a cinema that's near us at all, as it was closer to my friends. ****s

Sucks that it happened, but don't tar everyone with the same brush that has ADHD, it's not just kids, it's a life long condition. Those kids were just being kids, obnoxious and rude.

Soldato
Well, after some further reflection, it is a great film and a great adaptation from the book as a two parter. Perhaps it's my age or a generational perspective but I still think Lynch's version had richer characters.

Caporegime
The 1 IMAX cinema in Barcelona IS actually showing the English version of this once a day. Usually they only show the Spanish dubbed version of films on it (even for Barbenheimer).

If it's still showing in English in 2 weeks time I'll go again.:D

rp2000

Reactions: Kyo
Soldato
Well, after some further reflection, it is a great film and a great adaptation from the book as a two parter. Perhaps it's my age or a generational perspective but I still think Lynch's version had richer characters.

Most of the acted set pieces in Lynch's 84' Dune were framed like a Shakespearean stage performance.

You just don't get that in modern films plus it really added to the depth and richness of the immersion.

Back
Top Bottom