Dyson cooling fan or similar?

Soldato
Dyson stuff while overpriced I don't think I've been upset with any of the things I've purchased and even want some more bits.

Hell, part of me even wants the hair dryer. I don't care if you can get a hairdryer for £15 that ultimately does the same, sometimes you just want what you want. If my TP04 died tomorrow, would I buy another? Maybe, maybe not. If my V11 died tomorrow I'd buy another before the day ended.

The hoovers are excellent, we have a V11 as well, never had an issue with dyson hoovers.

Associate
We have one of the smaller fans for the bedroom (AM06). It OK, especially as I can control it with the remote. Its definitely overpriced, but I used some vouchers from work.

The hoovers are excellent, we have a V11 as well, never had an issue with dyson hoovers.

Hate me if you want, but Dyson do not make hoovers....

Soldato
I've ordered a Meacofan 1056AC after reading this thread. Can't believe I've just shelled out £100 on a desk fan, hope it's as good as everyone says! If it can manage to keep some air circulation going at night whilst being quiet enough to not keep me awake it'll pay for itself in gained sleep in no time!

Associate
I've ordered a Meacofan 1056AC after reading this thread. Can't believe I've just shelled out £100 on a desk fan, hope it's as good as everyone says! If it can manage to keep some air circulation going at night whilst being quiet enough to not keep me awake it'll pay for itself in gained sleep in no time!

You have chosen wisely, it really is very good.

Soldato
Open your loft hatch. That made a massive difference in our old house. Leave downstairs windows on vent and the house may act like a chimney.
After we renovated we looked at AC.... Thats a job for before NOT after, Matt

We can still get AC into the Kitchen/Diner and our large landing that will help,

out of interest how does opening the loft hatch help? anyone else tried this method?

Soldato
Berssen #2021 got delivered today. Now sitting about 2m away from me in its lowest setting and I cant hear it over the case fans even at mid speed but at full speed I can hear the air moving.
Seems like a keeper.

Caporegime
I’d assume that only works with a vented loft though, not all are (older houses may not be vented).

No. It works with any loft where you have loft insulation under the floorboards but not in the ceiling.

Loft insulation is keeping heat trapped. Opening it up let's air circulate through the vents if you have them in a vented loft but it also let's it dissipate through the roof if it's not insulated.

Associate
If its much hotter inside than it is outside, then that's the fault of your windows.

You need low E heat reflecting windows that block UV and Infrared light.

If buying a new house, make sure that it has this.

Soldato
Thinking of getting the berssen #2021 after seeing this thread.

I've recently returned the Boneco F220 i had bought and bought the Berssen. The Boneco was a lot louder than i was expecting, even on the lowest setting although with it being a discounted customer return maybe it had a fault?

Either way, really happy with the change. The oscilating part is a great feature and it's quite a bit quieter than the Boneco, the addition of a remote control is good too. I will concede it doesn't seem as high quality as the Boneco though.

My only complaint is that even at the highest setting it's only ~80cm. I do kind of wish i'd got the Meaco 1056P which seems to be a very similar design but a little taller. However i'm not bothered enough to return yet another fan!

Soldato
I finally bought a fan this latest heatwave and have been pretty impressed with the Dimplex DXRCF desk fan. It produces a strong flow of air even on the lowest setting and is quiet (Quiet Mark approved). It also has a battery so can be moved about easily. It has really helped provide a more comfortable environment when working and with a headset on when gaming this summer!

Back
Top Bottom