E3 2018

Caporegime
All these PS4 games coming out in 2019 are in the potential PS5 launch year so I'm gonna be wary of buying anything in case a) PS5 doesn't have PS4 back compat and b) there will be a PS5 "remaster" of them. What a pickle. Will probably have to rejoin Boomerang again.

Soldato
All these PS4 games coming out in 2019 are in the potential PS5 launch year so I'm gonna be wary of buying anything in case a) PS5 doesn't have PS4 back compat and b) there will be a PS5 "remaster" of them. What a pickle. Will probably have to rejoin Boomerang again.
I really don't see it coming it 2019. And even if it does, Sony would be silly to not have fully supported backwards compatibility for at least PS4 gamed on the next console.

It's pretty much the only thing XB1 has truly nailed this gen

Caporegime
Sony would be silly to not have fully supported backwards compatibility for at least PS4 gamed on the next console.

It's pretty much the only thing XB1 has truly nailed this gen

Is it worth the engineering effort when they could plonk everything on PS Now instead and charge you again? :D There might be outrage initially but I can't see most people changing to Xbox because of no BC.

Anyway, that's going OT. I'm expecting Microsoft to have their best E3 yet with some new games, especially if they get the Cyberpunk 2077 reveal.

Soldato

Granted, E3 may bring some surprises but there isn't really any indication that a PS5 could be coming as soon as next year. If anything they'll want to defer it as long as they can because the jump to 4K is going to require some serious hardware in order to wow the crowds and convince people it's not just an upgraded version of what we've already got.

fez

fez

Caporegime
PS5 ain't coming out until 2020 at the earliest by all accounts. The PS4 pro will perhaps come down in price over the next year but the pro was in part designed to fill the gap between the PS4 & PS5 and to compete with the XB1X. The pro has only been out a year and a half as well.

I don't think 4k TVs are popular enough yet to make a true next gen proper 4k console worth making.

Soldato
Is it worth the engineering effort when they could plonk everything on PS Now instead and charge you again? :D There might be outrage initially but I can't see most people changing to Xbox because of no BC.

Anyway, that's going OT. I'm expecting Microsoft to have their best E3 yet with some new games, especially if they get the Cyberpunk 2077 reveal.

PS Now was a complete waste of resources imo. I'm not saying Xbox having BC is a reason to leave this platform at all, but can't argue with it being a nice thing to have on the system, granted not many people would really use it I bet.

I want to see a new bloodborne!

Soldato
Sony already said there will be no PS5 till 2020 at the earliest.

Would be nice the see proper BC on the PS4
MS drop the live sub and incorporate it in Xbox Game Pass
Xbox Game Pass for Windows

Soldato
MS drop the live sub and incorporate it in Xbox Game Pass

I wouldn't want them to drop the live sub if it means you have to pay £7.99 a month for game pass which is no use to me at all apart for the one time I used the £1 offer to try State of Decay. There is no way I'd subscribe to game pass at the moment.

Soldato
I wouldn't want them to drop the live sub if it means you have to pay £7.99 a month for game pass which is no use to me at all apart for the one time I used the £1 offer to try State of Decay. There is no way I'd subscribe to game pass at the moment.

I meant by Live going free and if you want the games then you for the pass.

Back
Top Bottom