E3 2018

Caporegime
Finally got round to seeing the Death Stranding sequence. It looks amazeballs. But not sure what's going on except walking through different landscapes, collecting boxes and seeing how many of them you can strap on to your back before you collapse?

Soldato
Finally got round to seeing the Death Stranding sequence. It looks amazeballs. But not sure what's going on except walking through different landscapes, collecting boxes and seeing how many of them you can strap on to your back before you collapse?

Visually it looked very nice, but if it's going to involve a lot of trapsing around a mostly-unpopulated environment ala MGS5 then I'm going to give it a miss. It was a lot of footage that told us virtually nothing about the game.

Soldato
Wouldn't underestimate Kojima just yet, especially now that he doesn't have to deal with Konami. He's known for weirdness in his games but MGS is one of the best series ever (with Snake Eater being in my top ten favourite games), even V with its repetitive nature and rather lacklustre story had great and very flexible gameplay featuring clever details that many people probably didn't even discover.

I'm far from hyping Death Stranding up but I'd rather play something new and intriguing, even if the concept doesn't turn out so great in the end, than an another TLoU/Tomb Raider clone like the new GoW, typical AAA shooter or an umpteenth remake.

It has grabbed my attention, that's enough for me. And a walking simulator from Kojima, if it really is one, might have more substance in terms of atmosphere and story than a typical action game released nowadays. I've played many great titles in the past three years or so but all of them except probably Nier Automata felt rather standard so I hope he goes mental on this one.

Back
Top Bottom