Easyrider's Journey Into Phase...

Associate
Jokester said:
I wouldn't rely on neoprene exclusively if you're running 24/7.

Jokester

Will be fine. Bit of DC4 in the socket and around the base of the donut to get a good seal and its fine.
Using neoprene + vaseline to seal the P5B and havent had any probs under countless hours of Phase/DICE running so far :)

Caporegime
OP
OC_A64 said:
Will be fine. Bit of DC4 in the socket and around the base of the donut to get a good seal and its fine.
Using neoprene + vaseline to seal the P5B and havent had any probs under countless hours of Phase/DICE running so far :)

Sweet

Add me to msn :cool:

Associate
you'll be cool easy, just remember to take all precautions and go overboard on your first hook up, nothing worse than getting burned by a dead board in a few days on your first build. First thing I do is use nail varnish to cover all the onboard smt around the socket. Liquid electrical tape is a good alternative, just mask off sensitive areas. With these custom mounts you need to take precautions upon first builds due to inexperience. DC4 is a messy substance but it helps keep things running, that's what matters. Be sure to trim down the longer inductor and cap pins on the rear of the board under the backing plate. Obviously your backing plate is plastic so you are safe from short circuits via contact, but if the pins are too long the board will warp somewhat under pressure, and with these multi layer boards that can create issues. Just simple stuff I picked up via direct experience rather than hearsay. If you need variety neoprene packs there is a supplier in the uk that does small cuts of various sizes, which are quite useful. I put a primary layer of very thin neoprene over the motherboard around the socket area, after unsing the nail varnish and a backup thin smearing of dc4...

regards
Raja

Soldato
Jokester said:
Don't use di-electric grease, use something like liquid electrical tape as it peels off once you're done with it.

Jokester

i seal my board with nail polish and then put dielectic over the top.....never had any condensation problems this way.

if you use clear nail polish it's pretty much invisible too.

Soldato
OC_A64 said:
dual_phase.JPG
WTF?! :eek:

Caporegime
OP
messiah khan said:
This the one Gray has made quieter for you? I bet your excited. :) Mines all running nicely now(still a few niggles, but im getting there with Mega rig)

Yeah,

He's lengthened the line and modded the top and made it significantly quieter. :)

Caporegime
OP
Good news the phase came today.

Line lengthend so now it will be fine for the Antec P180.

The Fan guard has been removed and replaced with a standard silver one.
Also the red button has gone and now its a plain black one.

The hole on the top has been cut and moved forwards to allow the line to come at the back of the PSU.

Yet to power it up to check noise levels though.Just got in from work.

Watch this space :)

Caporegime
OP
I powered it up last night just to test and I am amazed on the noise levels.
I can hardly hear the compressor :D and will be able to tweak the fans on moles advice in software to slow them down.

I will post some pics shortly :)

Back
Top Bottom