Easyrider's Journey Into Phase...

Associate
dual_phase.JPG

Not from the same unit, wescotts link gives all the info you need on that subject though.
That's the old mach1 (just a regas + de-superheat mod) on Dothan 750. Vapo PE is on the GPU. Temps aren't awsome but they're plenty enough for gfx cooling.

Associate
Starfall said:
He he,

Sparky asked me if i wanted to thrash his 9600se only a few days ago, i think i said i never want to see those damned cards again :D

Pfft should have gone for it!
Post up some pics of yer cascade mate ;) drool worthy :D

Associate
Grey does great work with his units :) you will be pleased but you said you didn't want to freeze you current kit???

I have stuck my x6800 and p5b deluxe under cascade cooling and now am running it under single phase it is still fine

Associate
Shouldnt you put the Phase unit ABOVE the tower on the P180, as you could just dremmel a hole through the top for the head, rather than having to route it through the PSU area, or around the side of the case? Wouldnt require the line to be lengthened either!

Otherwise..... looks COOL! :D

Caporegime
OP
simonnance said:
Shouldnt you put the Phase unit ABOVE the tower on the P180, as you could just dremmel a hole through the top for the head, rather than having to route it through the PSU area, or around the side of the case? Wouldnt require the line to be lengthened either!

Otherwise..... looks COOL! :D

The unit is modded already for upwards or downwards line placement

The unit is to heavy for being on top.

Plus it looks pap. :p

The Picture is just an illustration the line will go underneath at the back of the PSU.

Last edited:
Soldato
I wanna see the bit where the dielectric grease gets slapped on, thats the bit that freaks me out?

Is there a market for selling on a motherboard thats been run under phase? as I see it only someone else that also uses phase could make use of it? (or can that stuff be cleaned off?).

Obviousy I don't know much about this topic so will be reading this thread to learn, all I know really is you attach an elephants trunk looking thing to the CPU and it freezes it to something like -40/-50°C :eek:

Soldato
Jokester said:
Don't use di-electric grease, use something like liquid electrical tape as it peels off once you're done with it.

Jokester

Di-eletric grease comes off with a bit of IPA. What Gray suggested to me was to use the neoprene to make a hermetic seal, then slap a tiny bit of dieletric in the socket to stop pin rott.

Back
Top Bottom