• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Easy's C2D 6400 Clock

Caporegime
OK a few people on the forum questioned my C2D overclock saying my 3.8ghz was never proved.

I do this now.

From stock 2.13ghz to 3.8ghz orthos stable.Temps are nice too.

w3bbo and WJA96

This is for you, But all, please feel free to comment on my overclock.

3-6.jpg

I will leave it untill the morning for 12 hrs validation. ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
easyrider said:
But all, please feel free to comment on my [screenshots]
readeasysscreenshotshi2.jpg

*A bunch of overclockers struggle to read the screenies!

Easy, can't you take a decent screenie yet? cmon guy you've got half your desktop showing needlessly in the pics, change your res to 1024x768, arrange your windows a bit, then throw the screenshot through photoshop and reduce the width to 750 pixels ;)

Also get an e6420 and see if you can get it to match that e6400! :eek:

Caporegime
OP
Big.Wayne said:
Easy, can't you take a decent screenie yet? cmon guy you've got half your desktop showing needlessly in the pics, change your res to 1024x768, arrange your windows a bit, then throw the screenshot through photoshop and reduce the width to 750 pixels ;)

Also get an e6420 and see if you can get it to match that e6400! :eek:

Its late,

I thought I made your ignore list :D damn

Amended: ;)

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
fen739 said:
It should be nice to say the least...

Do you reckon it's at its limits or you can get more out of it?

I'm leaving it running now until morning (types from laptop) then I may try 4ghz.

Im certainly not worried by temps.As you can see 61c full load :D

Caporegime
OP
fen739 said:
Yeh, I don't like Speedfan though, when I used it the temperatures were like 20degrees off TAT + Coretemp.

GL with 4ghz :D

3-7.jpg

Tat just for you 6c out.

This is stable as a rock posting this now from main PC.

fen739 you got me out of bed! :D

Caporegime
OP
Big.Wayne said:
Easy's C2D 6420 Clock

that would have been really interesting! ;)

Of course,

This is just for the doubting thomas's out there.

But TBH I don't see many 3.8ghz clocks on 6400 about.So I'm sharing.

4ghz on a 6600 is not that impressive now given the multi and stock speed.

Wayne if your not interested then don't post mate.

But thanks for doing so anyway. :)

Caporegime
OP
Justintime said:
Skeptical about TAT, same E6600 cpu i had bouncing about 4 boards, XBX, XBX2 and 2 DS3s showed different temps with as much as 15C difference with the same sink/fan, no case used and the 2 DS3s were same rev.

Agreed speedfan seems to ,well what can I say, just work :)

Associate
Don't know about which one's truer, I just use TAT + Coretemp because they agree, and are always higher temp, so I'm less likely to break something.

Go back to sleep silly!

Soldato
fen739 said:
Don't know about which one's truer, I just use TAT + Coretemp because they agree, and are always higher temp, so I'm less likely to break something.

Go back to sleep silly!

Dunno either, though i thought it read from the cpu itself.. if its not influenced by the mobo then i don't see why the big differences between different boards, before anyone says it, yes i made sure i had thermal compound and the sink was making good contact :D vcore as read was about the same give or take, nothing to make a 15c diff though.

Soldato
easyrider said:
Wayne if your not interested then don't post mate.
I am interested, I'm just not 'really' interested. I thought e6400's are good for 3.6GHz, my mates just got one and he is up to 3.2GHz stock vCore (orthos 12 hour stable) but I'm not sure how much vCore they need to hit 3.6GHz.

In hindsight I should have bought an e6400 because even though the ASUS P5B-Deluxe is a great board its gonna take some work to get it running an e6300 @ 3.6GHz (514MHz-FSB :eek: ).

I am now running my board at 450MHz-FSB, got my Crucial special 10th running at 450MHz 5-5-5-15 (1.8vDimm) so the next stage for me is to start tightening the memory, I know it can do 400MHz-FSB 3-3-3-6 but not sure how it will handle 450MHz with tight timings

An e6400 @ 3.6GHz with 3-3-3-6 would be spiffing but now I have seen e6600's creeping towards the £150 mark, the 9x multi and a system capable of running 400-450MHz is quite interesting 3.6GHz-4GHz, the same overclock you were working on many months ago in fact.

3.6GHz ~ 4MB Cache ~ 3-3-3-6 is what I want (not need) at the moment, the question is which chip is it gonna be? the e6420, the e6600 or just ignore the extra 2Mb cache and grab a Conroe e6400 classic and be done with it :D

Having just typed that I think its gonna have to be an e6600 for £150, tick tock . . . . .

[edit] or an e6400 classic for £100 ;)

Back
Top Bottom