Ed Milliband

Man of Honour
ALL politicians are oxbridge born and eton bred, its quite disgusting really, public school boys with no idea what real life is like. I doubt david scameron or ed millipede know what its like to be down to your last £20 or similar situations faced by millions of people up and down the country due to benefit cuts and lack of work

Yes how dare well educated people run the country.

Permabanned
I did not say everybody.

But in comparison to your apparent belief that it was public sector workers alone who hated Thatcher then I think it obvious it is not correct.

Evidence? Really?

Demographic opinion polls, general election results, political parties other civic movements that were opposed such as religious and charities etc

By and large, yes. It was mostly the public sector that disliked her. Do you disagree?

Do you have these opinion polls, general election results? She was in for 10 years... Obviously not THAT hated.

Soldato
ALL politicians are oxbridge born and eton bred, its quite disgusting really, public school boys with no idea what real life is like. I doubt david scameron or ed millipede know what its like to be down to your last £20 or similar situations faced by millions of people up and down the country due to benefit cuts and lack of work
Right, so your alternative would be to have a senate kind of thing? Senators elected from the people to speak for the people?
So you get people that are frequently down to their last £20 cutting taxes for all but the richest, handing out benefits etc. Well done. You just bankrupted the country.

I simple cannot comprehend how going to Oxbridge and having an education is a negative.

Last edited:
Soldato
Miliband is a brainless little ponce and is solely giving the Tories a chance of staying in power.

I personally believe the Tories should stay in power but the stupid masses have rallied and seem to believe the Labour days were some sort of utopia and the fact they nearly destroyed the countries economy has been forgotten. I would laugh if it wasn't do tragic :(

But with Ed Miwiban leading the idiots the Tories have a shout.

Permabanned
By and large, yes. It was mostly the public sector that disliked her. Do you disagree?

Isn't my opinion obvious?

Yes, I think popular and political culture itself is more than evident but hey.

Do you have these opinion polls, general election results? She was in for 10 years... Obviously not THAT hated.

Yeah they're all over the internet in various places mostly wikipedia and so forth.

She did prevail for a long time, it does not mean that she was not opposed. Opposition was clearly well outwith the confines of the public sector itself but you do seem to get a bit upset when it comes to Thatcherism.

Caporegime
Who worked in the private sector and hated Thatcher? :confused:

People who worked in industries that survived on massive government subsidies when the government said "look be profitable or fail we're not paying for you anymore".

Unions etc did a lot to stop the companies becoming profitable and helped them fail but if the government hadn't been subsidising them for so long it wouldn't have been such a shock.

It was unsustainable and eventually it was going to end, whoever was in charge when it did was going to be hated.

But enough of this sense "Burn the witch!!!!!"

Permabanned
Isn't my opinion obvious?

Yes, I think popular and political culture itself is more than evident but hey.

The loudest voices do not equate to public opinion. I would have thought you'd have learned from Arthur Scargill.

Yeah they're all over the internet in various places mostly wikipedia and so forth.

She did prevail for a long time, it does not mean that she was not opposed. Opposition was clearly well outwith the confines of the public sector itself but you do seem to get a bit upset when it comes to Thatcherism.

She won three elections, being opposed does not diminish popularity, nor does it refute my central point of the vast majority of her opposition being from the public sector.

I don't get upset, I just don't understand the Left's righteous indignation about Thatcher. You do realise your Labour party, started to represent the rights of the working class by downtrodden railroad workers, is a bunch of middle class career politicians, right?

People who worked in industries that survived on massive government subsidies when the government said "look be profitable or fail we're not paying for you anymore".

Unions etc did a lot to stop the companies becoming profitable and helped them fail but if the government hadn't been subsidising them for so long it wouldn't have been such a shock.

It was unsustainable and eventually it was going to end, whoever was in charge when it did was going to be hated.

But enough of this sense "Burn the witch!!!!!"

I'm published on this topic. ;)

Caporegime
You can, but it's not much use to those who find themself trapped in those sort of circumstances through no awareness or fault of themself.

That's what I'm talking about, it's not nice, but it's done, make yourself employed by whatever means you can, some did, some didn't.

I don't think those in depravity had the same opportunity as those in wealth, it isn't only about the services of education and health that impact on sections of society.

I'm not saying personal advancement is automatically impossible because of it, quite the opposite, but it certainly wasn't and still isn't a level playing field.

It's not a level field, I agree, but you cannot level it. If the people don't utilise what is available to them and as you say many people do then what can you do? You cannot legislate against the mindset of society worst. That worst of society exists up and down the wealth spectrum, with the largest pool being at the bottom staunchly defiant that it's not their fault.

I'm not sure it ended in the greater good, that's the problem.

We're on our knees due in part to Thatcherite policy.

Thatchers policys in my opinion where exactly what the country needed, New Labour continuing them after 1997 were a different flavour. Things that worked at a certain time do not correlate to a later time, much like laws and system in other countries can not be applied to another country.

Soldato
hucknall+candidate.jpg

I quite like Ed Milliband, and hate Mrs Thatcher's policies of the 1980s that did so much damage to Britain's society and reputation. However I don't agree with these T-shirts, whatever else she is a person, a mother, a friend to some. Celebrating when anyone dies is pretty sick so I think Ed has shown very poor judgement posing for that picture.

Say what you want about Thatcher but the unions needed tackling... They were all pretty much militant mentalists..

Permabanned
The formatting in your description is broken and your publisher is a self publisher.

You are not "published " on this topic, you've simply, "written" on this topic and stuck a price tag on a Pdf.

Wrong, but please, carry on writing your fantastically interesting posts. :)

Permabanned
She won three elections, being opposed does not diminish popularity, nor does it refute my central point of the vast majority of her opposition being from the public sector.

No, you exclaimed suprise at the suggestion anyone outwith the public sector could including the private sector could hate Thatcher.

Her Government did engage in war with trade unions and vice versa, although there were many outwith this who had their own grievances with the policies.

I don't get upset, I just don't understand the Left's righteous indignation about Thatcher. You do realise your Labour party, started to represent the rights of the working class by downtrodden railroad workers, is a bunch of middle class career politicians, right?

What righteous indignation was there in suggesting that there were those outwith public service who also had issues with her?

Do you not see the irony in how you have reacted here?

Also, you don't have to preach to me about Labour.

Theophany said:

If it's anything like your thread in SC about the topic, no thanks. :)

Caporegime
He's a non entity as far as I'm concerned, he's weak against a weak coalition Govt, he has no answer to our fiscal problems apart from "borrow more, spend more" and the picture of him next to that t-shirt speaks volumes about how he's not "statesman" material.

I'm 41, I remember Thatcher all too well, and the winter of discontent before it.

Ed Milliband for P.M.? Dream on.

Back
Top Bottom