EE to reintroduce Roaming Europe Charges

Soldato
Yer - that's the problem, the list is out of date.
For example, under Samsung S series it says "S8 or later". From that you'd assume that S9, S10, S20 & S21 would all work - however it would appear these only work if you buy the handset directly from Sky.
There is a little bit in their FAQ about buying the handset from elsewhere and the answer is "Insert your Sky Mobile SIM and try it......." (paraphrase).

I cannot comment on other phones but the A70 i've had for two years supports wifi calling on Sky without issues. It was bought direct from Three.

Soldato
Yer - that is just it.
As far as Sky are concerned the only way to guarantee that Wi-Fi calling will work is to buy your handset directly from them.
If you ask about anything newer than an S8 (Samsung Android) and a handset not bought from them, their standard, script and only response is "Please follow the instructions on enabling Wi-Fi calling. If this works you'll have Wi-Fi calling enabled on your phone. If not, we are unable to offer any further support".

So you're 100% reliant on others who have tested a non Sky purchased handset etc.

It may turn out to be a moot point for me anyway - I went through the process of leaving EE online (to see what the penalty would be to leave now - just out of interested). I received a call from EE customer service the next day saying that "they don't appear on the website, but I can get you a 12 month SIM-Only deal and it will be competitive with your quotes from elsewhere" - we'll see how true that is in about three weeks time.

Associate
I'm on holiday in Mallorca at the moment and O have 100gb data with Vodafone. I can still use it all for now but unlimited plans are capped at 25gb. Hope this doesn't change as I come here a lot.

Transmission breaker
Don
Might be me finally moving from EE.
It's nearly £100 a month for our two phones. And we barely use anything other than Data.
I travel for work (well, used to, and maybe will again) and been looking for a reason to move away. Each time I went to move away, they "slashed" the prices, and then somehow I never saved any actual money..

Caporegime
Might be me finally moving from EE.
It's nearly £100 a month for our two phones. And we barely use anything other than Data.
I travel for work (well, used to, and maybe will again) and been looking for a reason to move away. Each time I went to move away, they "slashed" the prices, and then somehow I never saved any actual money..
£100 a month?!?! Is that two recent phones too?

Can't type for toffee
Don
clearly ayeee lol

to hell with flagships P30 Pro has done me proud and Ill me moving to a Xiaomi or Redmi after this.
Main draw is the camera for me

Got the parents new Xiaomis for Xmas and after debloating them they're damn fast, camera on them is really good too.

Soldato
OP
I have been sim only for a while now. I only changed my plan to get in before the Roaming change and also it put me from 4G to a 5G plan (for future), gave me double the data (160GB) and lowered my bill to £14/month... Mental not to.

Back
Top Bottom