Eizo Foris FS2735 - 27", IPS, 1440p, 144hz, Blur Reduction, Freesync

Associate
Blur reduction works just like ULMB/Benq blur reduction and even native CRT strobing (except worse than CRT). Blur reduction is optimal if framerate matches refresh rate at all times. if the framerate drops below refresh rate, you get a sharp stutter effect that can cause an annoying double image type artifact if the FPS drops too low. So it's always best to use a refresh rate as close as possible, or below your average framerate if blur reduction will work there.

If someone buys this monitor, they will have to test lower custom refresh rates to see if the monitor can still sync with blur reduction and what the "cutoff" is. This depends purely on the monitor scaler and firmware. An example is 2560x1440 @ 85 hz. if the firmware allows it, it will sync at this refresh rate and blur reduction will strobe once per refresh. If it will not allow it, it will strobe twice. If it were not programmed for 85hz at all (like the Benq XL2730Z not being able to strobe lower than 120hz), it may strobe at 100hz timings, which will be an unusable mess.

Thanks. Does the same apply if your fps is always above 144fps? Does your fps have to be locked to 144fps if you are running blur at 144hz mode?

Associate

Thanks

So to sum vs. MG279Q which is still the closest screen in technology term and for amd gpu owners (144Hz , freesync + IPS).

Tell me if I'm good:

Pros for Eizo:
- ULMB
- Freesync high (not limited @ 90)
- Eizo extra apps Smartphone / Gignition
- Light sensor
- Not Proved: Panels selected for less than glow?

Neutral:
Same panel
Freesync only
Rendering text equivalent (not even a little more fine-tuning the sharpness ?)

Cons:
Better implementation of overdrive on the asus (Potential ghosting)
Ergonomy
Price

Associate
Definitely seems like the best freesync option for gaming right now, ticks all the boxes according to Baddass's tests IMO. Freesync up to 144hz, blur reduction and better quality control is what I have been looking for.

Depends on the price upon release I guess, can't believe I'm contemplating an £800+ monitor.

Associate
was this an issue on the MG279Q?

The combo sharpness + vividpixel have for some buyers not enough accuracy for text. It seems difficult to have a correct rendering. The FS2735 has a office mode while the asus has only gaming presets.

My resume is pretty good? I'm still full hesitation between the two screens. :p

Last edited:
Man of Honour
The combo sharpness + vividpixel have for some buyers not enough accuracy for text. It seems difficult to have a correct rendering. The FS2735 has a office mode while the asus has only gaming presets.

My resume is pretty good? I'm still full hesitation between the two screens. :p

Not an issue I experienced on the MG279Q but I'm pretty sure there's definitely not a problem like that on the FS2735

Man of Honour
i will give them feedback about it but can't promise they would do anything about it :)

my feedback has been passed back to engineers and HQ i'm told so that's about all i can do. at least they've acknowledged it. suggested they see if they can get blur reduction working at 75 and 85Hz and also consider a single strobe option for 60Hz :) if they do that, i know one person it will please ;)

Associate
I'm looking to buy this but it's still not available in UK.

I've found a European site who are selling it for £872.72 inc delivery. Not sure if it will be cheaper or more expensive in UK?

Anyone with any info on UK availability and pricing?

Thanks

Associate
my feedback has been passed back to engineers and HQ i'm told so that's about all i can do. at least they've acknowledged it. suggested they see if they can get blur reduction working at 75 and 85Hz and also consider a single strobe option for 60Hz :) if they do that, i know one person it will please ;)

ZEVgNn3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom