Ek Predator 240 problem

Associate
So after much tweaking I am up and running, albeit with a stock cooler and no video card.I also can not login to Ek's rma section nor can I even reset the password to be able to, so I am stuck now not being able to view or respond to any new updates on my rma :S

You can't login? What error are you getting?

Associate
OP
You can't login? What error are you getting?

Hi Luc

I enter the password that was emailed to me upon creating an rma account, but I get the message "Wrong email / password." . So I click on reset my password and I get the message "Success! Password was reset and will be emailed to (my email address) within a few minutes." . I do not receive a new password no matter how many times I try.

Associate
I suffered from one of these two, didn't know I could claim the new motherboard I had to buy!!

Waiting for overclockers to get the new ones in...

Associate
Hi Luc

I enter the password that was emailed to me upon creating an rma account, but I get the message "Wrong email / password." . So I click on reset my password and I get the message "Success! Password was reset and will be emailed to (my email address) within a few minutes." . I do not receive a new password no matter how many times I try.

Send an email to [email protected] with this issue. They will be able to help you fix this.

Associate
OP
Send an email to [email protected] with this issue. They will be able to help you fix this.

Hi Luc I already contacted support yesterday and spoke with Igor, whom today informed me to email Roman to continue the RMA process as I still have no ability to login to the rma section.So I asked Roman to update me via email

Checking DHL I can see :Estimated Delivery:
Monday, January 25, 2016
By End of Day

So my Parcel including my Predator unit, motherboard & Gpu should be with you guys Monday it seems.

I have since installed a new motherboard and stock cooler, clearance of the predator mounted in the top of my Fractal Define R5 might be tight due to the thermal armor, I did not keep that in mind >.< I don't know if you have any experience with the same combination? Should hopefully still clear it?

Associate
Hi Luc I already contacted support yesterday and spoke with Igor, whom today informed me to email Roman to continue the RMA process as I still have no ability to login to the rma section.So I asked Roman to update me via email

Checking DHL I can see :Estimated Delivery:
Monday, January 25, 2016
By End of Day

So my Parcel including my Predator unit, motherboard & Gpu should be with you guys Monday it seems.

I have since installed a new motherboard and stock cooler, clearance of the predator mounted in the top of my Fractal Define R5 might be tight due to the thermal armor, I did not keep that in mind >.< I don't know if you have any experience with the same combination? Should hopefully still clear it?

Since the mounting on the Define R5 is offset i'm pretty sure it will still be okay

Associate
OP
Since the mounting on the Define R5 is offset i'm pretty sure it will still be okay

Yes it fits with clearance,my replacement unit arrived today, and yes it really is best to take the motherboard out prior,fitting's seemed a lot more secure than my previous and unit didn't feel damp at all also unlike the first unit.

Some of the fins on the rad were bent but nothing too drastic. Curiously they fans supplied seem to be the regular vardar and not the ones with predator labeled on them, not that it matters as I assume they are the same, one of the fans has a little coil whine but you would really have to beside the case to notice in all honesty.

On boot I had that same "water injection sound " as I previously had in my first video but after a few boots it seems to have died down. I assume it's working any remaining air out of the system?

@ 4.4ghz Temps are well under 60c so I have plenty of headroom to push back up to my previous 4.8 ghz oc

Now all I am missing is a gpu as I sent off my old motherboard and gpu to you guys last Monday.Being unable to login to rma still would it be possible to get an email update when you guys get a chance?

p.s that letter included with the replacement unit is a nice touch ;)

Overall replacement unit is leak free thus far and hopefully shall remain so.

EDIT: I can login to the rma section again

Last edited:
Associate
Replaced my leaking Predator last night with the new EK Predator 240 (R1:1) - RMA via ocuk was very quick & totally hassle free 5star service ;)

I used thermal grizzly hydronaut, not sure if its the new EK Predator or the thermal grizzly... But WOW what a combination tested system last light and again this morning... My temperatures down by 5 to 7 degrees 5930K.

My full respect to EK for publicly facing up to early product faults and issuing a recall.

I would have no problem in recommending the EK Predator series. EK are a top class company with quality components & products... good after sales service & customer care :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Fitted my new EK Predator 240 (R1:1) last night. RMA via ocuk was very quick & totally hassle free 5star service ;)

I used thermal grizzly hydronaut, not sure if its the new EK Predator or the thermal grizzly... But WOW what a combination tested system last light and again this morning... My temperatures down by 5 to 7 degrees 5930K.

My full respect to EK for publicly facing up to early product faults and issuing a recall.

I would have no problem in recommending the EK Predator series. EK are a top class company with quality components & products... good after sales service & customer care :)

Nice one mate.

I've been sitting on the fence with this cooler since release day and glad I did. R 1.1 mounting on skylake is easier now. No need to remove motherboard backplate. Good one EK :) My only worry is my case. The RAD is huge! I wonder how much mobo space it would use in my new Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Window Edition. I see in Pro M case specs you can have a 360 rad on top, but it doesn't take into account the RAD thickness on the predator 240. Wish I could see the predator 240 installed on a Phanteks Enthoo Pro M?

Associate
@ Simon here's my 240 fitted in my Enthoo Primo Full Tower

J7giYi2l.jpg

cgFqboNl.jpg

KUefnhDl.jpg

TFt83Gal.jpg

Hope this helps mate ;) I imagine you would have plenty of space in your Enthoo M just take a measurement to be on the safe side.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm about to make a purchase for the 360 version from my Enthoo Luxe. Then I will be adding in a pre filled GPU block to get rid of the G10/H55 combo.

Not a true hardcore water cool, but a step up from my current AIO solution :D

I like that I will have the option to use all the gear down the line with a more bespoke loop as well.

Also, like Simon's comment, it was the revised mounting that swung it for me as I wasn't up for the hassle to need to take off the mobo backplate on my X99.

Soldato
@ Simon here's my 240 fitted in my Enthoo Primo Full Tower

Hope this helps mate ;) I imagine you would have plenty of space in your Enthoo M just take a measurement to be on the same side.

Thanks mate. It does help, but I think my mobo sits a little higher to the top of case then yours. It has the fan/rad tray for easy install, but think your case is higher so you have all that room for big rads. I can see you motherboard is lower for more room. Cheers for the pics :)

36b.jpg

Associate
OP
Okay so just a quick update, I received my replacement unit and fitted it on the 22nd of January, all is well with the new unit, no complaints here, I was also asked for my Bank details so as to be refunded the cost of my damages to which I am very grateful for.

The thing is that was a week ago, I would imagine that my refund would have processed by now?So to make sure everything is okay and to check I inquired as to the status of this on my rma ticket.

On the login screen I see the following message "Please note this is an OLD RMA application used to browse old RMA tickets.

If you want to create new RMA ticket please go to EK webshop returns.
For B2B customers please go to EK B2B webshop returns.

Sorry for inconvenience."

Now I was still able to login to post my inquiry on my ticket, but as of yet have not received a response. I was going to send an email to support but didn't want to be an annoyance.

@EK Luc If and when you see this can you please inquire within on my behalf?

Associate
Okay so just a quick update, I received my replacement unit and fitted it on the 22nd of January, all is well with the new unit, no complaints here, I was also asked for my Bank details so as to be refunded the cost of my damages to which I am very grateful for.

The thing is that was a week ago, I would imagine that my refund would have processed by now?So to make sure everything is okay and to check I inquired as to the status of this on my rma ticket.

On the login screen I see the following message "Please note this is an OLD RMA application used to browse old RMA tickets.

If you want to create new RMA ticket please go to EK webshop returns.
For B2B customers please go to EK B2B webshop returns.

Sorry for inconvenience."

Now I was still able to login to post my inquiry on my ticket, but as of yet have not received a response. I was going to send an email to support but didn't want to be an annoyance.

@EK Luc If and when you see this can you please inquire within on my behalf?

Can you provide me your RMA number?

Associate
OP
Apologies for the double post, I'm just looking for an update.It has been almost two weeks since Ek said they were refunding me. I waited a week before looking for an update as to why I had not received one yet, to which I still have not had a response.

Almost two weeks later and I still have no word as to why I still have not received my refund.

Apologies if I come off as impatient but I am over a month without a video card at this stage and purchasing one while I wait is not an option as I had household expenses of in excess of one thousand euro this month, I was lucky to even be able to buy the replacement motherboard and os.

I would really like to get this all wrapped up if it's not too much trouble :(

Associate
Apologies for the double post, I'm just looking for an update.It has been almost two weeks since Ek said they were refunding me. I waited a week before looking for an update as to why I had not received one yet, to which I still have not had a response.

Almost two weeks later and I still have no word as to why I still have not received my refund.

Apologies if I come off as impatient but I am over a month without a video card at this stage and purchasing one while I wait is not an option as I had household expenses of in excess of one thousand euro this month, I was lucky to even be able to buy the replacement motherboard and os.

I would really like to get this all wrapped up if it's not too much trouble :(

Totally understandable. I sent my email on Friday but since it was probably already late due to the time zone difference Peter might not have got it until he was out for the weekend. Yesterday was an holiday day in Slovenia so I expect some news today.

Sorry for this long and painful process :(

Associate
OP
Totally understandable. I sent my email on Friday but since it was probably already late due to the time zone difference Peter might not have got it until he was out for the weekend. Yesterday was an holiday day in Slovenia so I expect some news today.

Sorry for this long and painful process :(

Thanks again Luc , keep me posted with his response please :)

Associate
Thanks again Luc , keep me posted with his response please :)

As expected I just received a reply from Peter. Your refund is only a signature away from our CEO. He was on a sick leave for the last days but he should be back at work tomorrow (Wednesday) so there's a good chance everything will be sort out tomorrow or so.

Associate
OP
As expected I just received a reply from Peter. Your refund is only a signature away from our CEO. He was on a sick leave for the last days but he should be back at work tomorrow (Wednesday) so there's a good chance everything will be sort out tomorrow or so.

Hi Luc Yes I got a confirmation of refund this morning and received my refund by afternoon so happy days and many thanks :D

I just ordered a new card from ocuk :cool:

Back
Top Bottom