EK Quantum Kinetic FLT Evolv'd

Soldato
OP
Awesome, thank you very much :)
Now just need to wait for my parts to arrive, 3080 arrives in a couple of days and the FLTs soon after hopefully.
Excellent mate, thats good news! Seems today is full of good news! Take your time with your build, dont rush it thats the most important thing i always tell people.

Soldato
OP
Drama tonight, long story short it was the cpu block. It was completely and utterly bunged up. Bits of oring mixed with what i can only describe as tissue paper. Weird... anyway rebuilt the block (alphacool XPX acrylic block), filled the loop and... disaster! The block leaks! Immediately took it apart and thankfully only a few drips onto the m.2 slot (dont worry, nothing was damaged). Checked the block, cant see why it would be leaking. Orings are in place and making contact. Did a simple test, filled the block with water and plugged it. Shook the block vigorously and still leaking. Can see water coming out where the block and acrylic meet which means the oring has failed. On further inspection i could see the oring isnt even making contact on one side. Oring looks fine though so maybe acrylic is damaged.

anyway whipped out the old bitspower block as temporary replacement. Looking at getting aquacomputers Kryo rgbpx block next. Abit disappointed with the alphacool block tbh.

new flow rate is as follows

3.89 L/M

Excellent!

d16e4c54-63b1-41ef-a328-7f15b8448492-jpeg.2474893

33682e9e-5de7-4546-9a17-07d18fbed87c-jpeg.2474894

Soldato
OP
Ive got an email from them saying it doesnt fit my gaming pro oc :confused: let us know how you get on
Very weird then, on their webshop and website and compatibility list all say it will fit the 3080/3090 reference design which the palit gamingpro is.

will find out later when it arrives, still waiting.

Soldato
OP
The blocks arrived in the UK, however i've just had to pay some import tax and duty's damn, nearly £50 in taxes jeeeez. Paid it anyway, not much choice... gonna think twice before buying anything from Europe thanks to the change in the law just after new years.

Soldato
OP
Unboxed and installed the Heatkiller V block finally :), mega happy with it. Not tested the temps yet but idles around 26c with a room temp of around 22c, will do some game testing later for a comparison with the Alphacool block. The light distribution inside the block is insane, its very well lit and hits just the right spots around the channels of the flow. Highly recommend this block to anyone looking for one now.

Also @The_One i can confirm it fits :)

Warning PIC HEAVY

IW45ilW.jpg

jiFUjux.jpg

VTmUoB7.jpg

72HYTHL.jpg

tcNf9jm.jpg

dt7OTY2.jpg

31aAIrn.jpg

mlkM4m3.jpg

bHbvqe2.jpg

RizYqIA.jpg

U1nQG9N.jpg

nU7jfgN.jpg

NKDYGXq.jpg

zdy4S5w.jpg

f0uo7hF.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Looks :cool: Look forward to your thoughts once you've tested it properly
Will post something over the weekend, so far though its definitely cooler than the alphacool block but only slightly. Im starting to wonder the orientation i have it mounted is affecting its performance.

Looking good, excellent photos again.
Thanks mate! Short video posted below :)

That looks really slick. Good job man....hope it doesn't leak!
Me too, already had one mishap last week with the Alphacool cpu block! So far so good though.

Great build. The blue and the yellow fluid work so well together.
I have noticed a lot of cool builds with silver fittings recently. Maybe black is going out of fashion now!
I was gonna go with Black ones BUT it was out of stock at the time so i opted for the silver route with black/acrylic blocks. Works well together so far anyway, thanks man!

Back
Top Bottom