** EK Waterblocks RANGE FACELIFT - AVAILABLE TO PRE ORDER - ONLY AT OCUK **

Soldato
Lol. I've decided Im going Koolance since the Nickel EK's apaprently mess up and those ugly circles on the plexi. Btw rjkonneill are the old EK dual bay res' going to be available again...?

Soldato
I actually really really like these plexi blocks now:

ekplexiblocks.jpg

Associate
I actually quite like the look of that block.

Is there a way of adding a LED to light it?

My build has no lights and clear (well :rolleyes:) tubing and liquid, was thinking about using red liquid, adding red LED's to my Raystorm CPU block and lighting this block as well.

Soldato
Trying to work this out in my head, 1 90 degree fitting on each port (via the bridge above), from there its down to the user if they use another 90 degree fitting, so in theory yes you may well end up with 4 90 degree fittings in the loop, another 4 90's isn't going to take much effect on my loop, already have several 45 & 90 fittings.

Any news if EK are going to make some full nickel backplates?

Soldato
Why are the cards so wide and square, I’m sure the last models weren’t like that.

The frost doesn’t look half to bad, the circles are hideous. The cards are a horrible blocky shape and the ports are inconvenient.

The old blocks were a more rounded shape (which I prefer), you can see the old shape under the plexi. I can live with the circles, the blocks look allot better with fluid in them.

Soldato
Yes, remember on the older EK blocks, where the ports were, they were always hanging wide of the PCB, the bolt on bridge offers the same functionality apart from the fact the ports are then side mounted rather than top mounted.

JP's post here shows the bridge a little better.

Back
Top Bottom