** EK Waterblocks RANGE FACELIFT - AVAILABLE TO PRE ORDER - ONLY AT OCUK **

Associate
I am quite up to date on tech, I still went with OCZ Agility ssd, nothing wrong with it, most of the time it is user error that produces a lot of problems, not the hard ware it self.

Anyway RJ, any chance of EK releasing a plainer version of the CPU blocks do you think, without the circles?

You should let them know that people on OcUK are not too keen on there new design, should be pretty easy for them to do a run without circles and just put the naming and badge on the top:)

doubt it, EK have suddenly gone all circley. They have redesigned their website so its now also full of circles. http://www.ekwb.com/

Soldato
I am quite up to date on tech, I still went with OCZ Agility ssd, nothing wrong with it, most of the time it is user error that produces a lot of problems, not the hard ware it self.

Anyway RJ, any chance of EK releasing a plainer version of the CPU blocks do you think, without the circles?

You should let them know that people on OcUK are not too keen on there new design, should be pretty easy for them to do a run without circles and just put the naming and badge on the top:)

And do you know if there are any plans of non frosted plexi blocks?

Soldato
I might give the cpu block a go, it may look nice with some LED's in it, with the circles being clear they should produce the most light? with the block being frosted, no?

Found this picture of a system built with these crop circles designed blocks

2a5abgo.jpg

Also the GPU blocks will have to be run with the serial links from EK (for sli/crossfire) as they only have 1 inlet and 1 outlet on the block, you can no longer run a in sli/crossfire using fittings and pipes.

Also this circle design has found it's way onto the GPU backplates

2mwzdoz.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Kudos to Rich for getting the wc section in order and getting this new stuff in .... but.... i would love to get my hands on EKs strategy with the "circles" did they really do any in depth customer surveys/analysis before they went "bubble wrap" crazy?

Soldato
There is a poll in XS (maybe we should have one here as well?), over 80% dislikes the new design!

Agreed :D

do you know if the ek 680 backplates are incoming soon, ive had mine on pre order for about 3 weeks now. :(

:eek::eek:Ahhhhh so thats it!!! :p It was you behind this bubble wrap freakiness just because you had your waterblocks on pre-order for weeks .... i bet you actually orchestrated some kind of Ek influential marketting attack begging them for the circles ..... i thought you were a decent sort too :p;)

"Hey all blame eggcup for the bubbles"

... Legs it big time :o

Back
Top Bottom