** EKWB-PREDATOR - AVAILABLE NOW **

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
unlikely, who knows what will happen in future.

I really have to wait and see if EKWB make the pump rad combo available on its own because if that happens then there will be a LOT of new tech labs products :D

Permabanned
Let's just hope these are better than the Raijintec coolers

don't even compare, these are on another level.

unlikely, who knows what will happen in future.

I really have to wait and see if EKWB make the pump rad combo available on its own because if that happens then there will be a LOT of new tech labs products :D

Ah okay. Well if they intend to make their own GPU mounts like the NZXT G10 or Corsair's offerings whilst keeping the block shape the same then that would be great for interchangeability. Looking forward to reviews, tube length/diameter, flow rate, quietness, etc

Last edited:
Associate
not sure yet, will have to see what I can do to make them unique or worth modifying.

Was thinking of clear tubing and a range of coolant types to start with.

Ideally we will just buy Predators from EK to sell to end users and then buy the rad pump combos to make our own all in one coolers to save money and also save wasting tubing etc. perhaps we will offer an upgraded block or include the option of a watercooled Graphics card in the loop or something.

I need to do some testing first really.

May I offer some avenues for personalization?

1) The Supremacy MX uses a thin piece of anodized aluminum on top. It is just beginning for some mods there. A major retailer in the US offers customized versions with different patterns etched in (ROG logo for example).

2) Fans can be switched around in terms of color or outright component swap if both parties agree. The OcUK/Silverstone fans will actually go very nicely with the Coolstream PE core used here but it does mean that the PWM fan hub at the end is redundant. Perhaps a 3-pin hub instead for voltage control?

3) Completely replace the tubing or just buy the rad/res/pump combo unit as you mentioned, and give people the option for clear tubing/plexi top CPU block or make it a GPU AIO by replacing the CPU block with one of the tech labs GPU blocks/pre-fit GPUs.

Associate
I know they are, but voltage vs PWM control is one thing. Another is that I believe these fans on the Predator are using the two tone color scheme unless things have changed, despite the retail F4-120ER fans coming in all black (or white). Finally, a reduced price for what will ultimately not be more than 1-2 C lower performance at most. Anyway that was just a suggestion :)

Soldato
dam that 360mm looks sweet, Ive got the swiftech h320 and that just fits my corsair 540 so this will never fit but that's OK as I will buy a bigger case

Soldato
1) The Supremacy MX uses a thin piece of anodized aluminum on top. It is just beginning for some mods there. A major retailer in the US offers customized versions with different patterns etched in (ROG logo for example).
I thought the whole point of AIOs was that they were supposed to be maintenance-free sealed units... I just checked, to see that you can indeed open these loops up for expansion, but then you're in custom-loop territory, surely?

Associate
So really you'd actually want 1 360 1 240 if you wanted to make use of the QDC, so that you have adequate cooling if you included the GPU?

Back
Top Bottom