** EKWB-PREDATOR - AVAILABLE NOW **

Associate
Before I got the Predator I was using a Noctua DH15. But the predator exceeded my expectations. While the lower idle temps were lower but not important it was while heavy benchmarking using various programs the predator blew me away. So I knew the cooling would be no problem and overclocked my 5930k to 4.2ghz.

You got to understand like many people who are not savvy watercooling wise I feel 'uneasy' about full custom watercooling. And another reason I chose the Predator was it a kind of install and forget about it. I heard/read their is same maintanance involved in custom watercooling. Does this mean every so often you just drain the fluid and retop up with fresh coolant? or does it mean you have to strip it everything down and clean it because if that the case I cant be bothered with that.

So products like the predator/swiftech version are ideal for a user like myself and others.

So after I rmaéd my predator back I went back to the DH15. No matter how good a predator is cooling wise or how good the ek vardar fans are it still no match at least noise wise against a dh15.

I am waiting to see if EK acknowledges there are quite a few of us at least on this forum that get the high frequency whine at different volume levels and if they will address it. The I would be happy to go back to it.

Or if I can muster up the courage just build a simple loop for my pc.

Associate
Before I got the Predator I was using a Noctua DH15. But the predator exceeded my expectations. While the lower idle temps were lower but not important it was while heavy benchmarking using various programs the predator blew me away. So I knew the cooling would be no problem and overclocked my 5930k to 4.2ghz.

You got to understand like many people who are not savvy watercooling wise I feel 'uneasy' about full custom watercooling. And another reason I chose the Predator was it a kind of install and forget about it. I heard/read their is same maintanance involved in custom watercooling. Does this mean every so often you just drain the fluid and retop up with fresh coolant? or does it mean you have to strip it everything down and clean it because if that the case I cant be bothered with that.

So products like the predator/swiftech version are ideal for a user like myself and others.

So after I rmaéd my predator back I went back to the DH15. No matter how good a predator is cooling wise or how good the ek vardar fans are it still no match at least noise wise against a dh15.

I am waiting to see if EK acknowledges there are quite a few of us at least on this forum that get the high frequency whine at different volume levels and if they will address it. The I would be happy to go back to it.

Or if I can muster up the courage just build a simple loop for my pc.

I was actually looking to get predator myself. But for me the most important was the noise. I use also dh15, and if predator is louder, then probably I am going to stay with noctua, which is a nice cooler, but damn, it is ugly as hell.
Bit disappointed to be honest.

Associate
Twinsenx>It depends really how suceptible to noise each person is. While I say the predator is noisier than a DH15 it is not really that loud per se. But there will be a small amount of pump noise all things being equal. This is hardly audible and you would have to be practically sat next to it to hear it like my case is right next to me.

And the Vardar fans are very good. But at the lowest setting via rpm they are noisier than the fans on the noctua because they high static pressure fans and even at low rpm via pwm while the actual device does not make any motor noise there is the sound of the air going through it. at a given RPM at high RPM they quieter than the noctuas.

It is hard for me to accept the noise levels of a predator after coming from a DH15 even though for most people it would be acceptable. The noise increase while only ever so slight is worth it for the cooling ability the predator offers. But it was driving me insane.

Unfortunate for me I had a unit with somewhat aggravating pump noise and while I never posted about it I had the unit with two faulty vardar fans as they had excessive motor noise. I know they don't sound like that as I disconnected them seperately to isolate the problem and the third vardar fan was perfectly fine. Don't let a post like mine put you off. You might find that the predator is perfect for you. My post was in response to the others who have had this issue. And while there are a few of us posting about the issue there are still quite a few owners who have had no issue whatsover.

Back
Top Bottom