** EKWB-PREDATOR - AVAILABLE NOW **

Associate
I thought the whole point of AIOs was that they were supposed to be maintenance-free sealed units... I just checked, to see that you can indeed open these loops up for expansion, but then you're in custom-loop territory, surely?

This is essentially a pre-filled custom loop. Due to the threaded ports everywhere and the fill/bleed port on the rad it just makes it easier to open 'er up and expand if need be.

Soldato
That qdc looks like a cheap push plumbing fitting from builders merchant! I have a couple of Koolance QDC's in my loop on either side of my GPU's and they look soo much better

Associate
That qdc looks like a cheap push plumbing fitting from builders merchant! I have a couple of Koolance QDC's in my loop on either side of my GPU's and they look soo much better

Agreed on aesthetics, but they are from this place: http://www.cpcworldwide.com/

It's a company that only makes quick disconnects/couplers and nothing else. They have some nice metal ones here: http://www.cpcworldwide.com/productlist.aspx?Series=123&Category=44

But apparently too expensive to be used with the Predator. Hopefully they can work to get these available for retail sale at a similar price point as the Koolance ones.

Soldato
The quick connectors are cpc ones by the look of it.
If that are - they are only slightly wider that koolance QDC's, but offer very little restriction.
similar to the original QD4 I own but without the no drop (aka added restriction) of the newer models
But yes they are not 'shiny'

Edit: vsg28 beat me to it - the metal ones are new, wish they had them a few years ago, the QD4 i imported cost a fortune

Last edited:
Associate
Intrigued, definitely.

I've been looking at a new AIO for a potential new build and was looking at one of the Corsair h110 offerings (seriously, what is the difference?) but this looks good.

Hope you can spill a few details kinda sharpish. I was really hoping to try and put together a new build in the next couple of weeks.

Soldato
company is from slovenija, right? where do they produce stuff, rik?

ever been here? :)

iirc everything is developed and manufactured in house at ek.

Looks a nice bit of kit, but if going this route I'd probably invest in aquacomputers airplex modularity system, if for anything, the higher quality.

Man of Honour
AIO done properly!! The biggest thing that would concern me, especially with the 360mm version is that the extra length by having the pump boleted to the end of the rad could restrict the number of cases it will fit in. That QDC is just plain awful. They could have at least used one that doesn't look so cheap.

Soldato
Looks like a copy of something else ive seen. Trying to think, the rad was copper fins and silver shroud, and could be had with a pump option built in and flow meter.

Edit: Found it Aquacomputer airplex modularity.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom