*** Elden Ring ***

Soldato
vy8z3p0.jpg

The game is being developed by From Software, and Miyazaki seems to be a huge fan of George R.R. Martin as has helped with it's development as well. no one knows how he helped or what he did (probably story focused). But I am VERY excited.

It's said to be an open world action RPG. So I imagine it will be very Souls like, maybe single player only like Sekiro?

No release date as of yet, only on Xbox and PC it seems.

Soldato
The Taipei Game Show (which was due to take place next week) has been postponed until the summer due to the coronavirus outbreak. Just posting it here as new Elden Ring details were supposed to be revealed during the show.

Soldato
The only "news" I've seen recently are a few rumours about stuff like dynamic wildlife, weather etc, and even then the rumours seem sketchy at best. Wonder are they holding back for the launch of the new consoles?

Associate
Been keeping an eye on this for a while, it's been pretty low key in terms of announcements.

My take on it is that this will be a proper, open World action RPG that will have the best action combat of any open World RPG to date, by far. (I likely would give that to Dragon's Dogma at present)

I think it's going to fulfil the dream game concept of Skyrim's freedom with Souls' games combat.

It's not a direct sequel to souls games, but like all of them I expect many references between games and that old favourite armour and weapons will make a return, also Patches likely make an appearance there too.

Replayed DS1 and DS3 this year, definitely looking forward to this in a big way.

Associate
Looks good despite video quality, you can tell it's definitely still a souls type games, getting some old school Ocarina of Time vibes from the horse riding too.

Imagine seeing huge bosses roaming an open but utterly destroyed landscape with architectural remnants, huge castles in the distance that you eventually explore.

Definitely looking good if they can nail that souls games atmosphere.

Back
Top Bottom