*** Elden Ring ***

Soldato
vy8z3p0.jpg

The game is being developed by From Software, and Miyazaki seems to be a huge fan of George R.R. Martin as has helped with it's development as well. no one knows how he helped or what he did (probably story focused). But I am VERY excited.

It's said to be an open world action RPG. So I imagine it will be very Souls like, maybe single player only like Sekiro?

No release date as of yet, only on Xbox and PC it seems.

Soldato
OP
I wouldn't worry too much about that, someone is bound to come out with an Ultrawide fix.

There was one for Dark Souls 3 and Sekiro which worked really well.

Maybe, I'll keep an eye out for comparison vids to see if the PC offers up much in terms of graphical fidelity. Damn From Software and their refusal to support UW :(

Soldato
OP
which From games are you refering to on pc that weren't on par???

Darks souls 3 was pretty spot on, and Sekiro was even better.

Curious to know which games you played weren't up to par and what was wrong with them.

It's mostly to do with UW not being supported and locked to 60fps.

I'm a huge souls fan, but it would be lovely if the above wasn't a thing. And with the PS5, if the graphical difference isn't that big, I'd rather play on the console on the TV than at my PC without said features.

Soldato
OP
The game doesn't run because of a monitor? First I've heard of that

Don't be glib, us with ultrawide prefer to play games in UW. Maybe we can get passed it with a higher FPS game as a trade off, but a locked 60fps game on a UW monitor that's not supported is just not worth it. So instead, buy on a console where it will run in 4k (sure, probably upscaled and some graphical downgrades) at a decent fps and as it's sofa gaming it's more casual and lower fps isn't as noticable.

Soldato
OP
I am guessing you don't use an UW monitor hey. :rolleyes:

It's really odd, you should see steam discussions for games that don't support it. When us that have UW ask dev's to include it, they all come foaming at the mouth stating why should they accommodate UW and that we only count for a certain % etc etc. It's like... That's nice, but it doesn't effect you, go away lol.

Soldato
OP
Ignoring the obvious troll. Has there been any confirmation of map size? I read an article the other day stating the open network test was 15% or something of the total game size??? Huge if so.

Soldato
OP
I guess that fits with the people I know then, surprising that 2 out of 3 gamers are still on 1080, figured most would have moved to 1440 at least by now. Looks like we are still a few years away from the higher resolutions becoming common

I was super shocked by the statistics. I too thought 1440 would be the new norm. I suppose people are wanting much higher refresh rates from 1080 than pixel at lower hz from larger monitors, the entry price point for a decent gaming monitor is very low these days. It's even more interesting when you think you have to actively accept the survey so it's not as though it's bloated by a bunch of normal work machines or something of the same nature where steam is just installed and forgotten about.

Soldato
OP
Prefer lounge playing these days so will see which I play it on. On PC I play until 4am, but lounge I find at least I'll get tired and go to bed at a much more reasonable time

This, I love playing at my PC as I can do much longer sessions, on the sofa, I can game maybe 2 to 4 hours before I fancy just watching a film. That being said, I did boot up Bioshock on the PS5 last night for a sofa session and it was glorious!

QaS6bgq.png

Soldato
OP
i bet it'd look better in UW :p

You prat lol :D I'll back our little corner and state yes, when a game support it properly, it legit looks bloody amazing. But, it's just not that often it's properly supported hence my move to the new LG C2 42" when it eventually comes out. Tired of being an afterthought by devs :(

Soldato
OP
Ah, okay thanks. I'm eyeing up this new QD OLED from Alienware so hopefully the black bars wouldn't be as intrusive as on older tech. Still disappointing that a major release from a highly thought of studio doesn't support UW from the get go.

Black bars on OLED isn't at all a problem as it shuts those parts of the screen down. It's amazing! I love OLED tech

Soldato
OP
Thanks for confirming - really tempted to go for that monitor then!

It's why I'm going to get the LG 42" OLED when it comes out. My current monitor is 3840x1600, looks amazing, but with the 4k OLED, I can still have UW with an even larger screen and because it shuts those pixels down, in a dark room you won't even see the rest of the monitor so you can still get the same UW experience when you fancy it.

Back
Top Bottom