*** Elden Ring ***

Associate
Hmm, interested. Looks a tad Witcher but hopefully the combat isnt as arse.
The combat will be SSS rank good. Souls series has never had an issue on the combat side (Dark Souls 2 aside, janky hitboxes I'm looking at you...). Combat should be very fluid and I like the way it looks like they'll be melding the mobility of Sekiro's combat with the more methodical Souls combat mechanics. Plus looks like there will be heaps of different weapon builds in this one *hyping intensifies*

Soldato
ha ha, you're probably right. And don't get me started on those books. Been about half way through the 4th for a year. Can't face it, like walking through wet tar.

Thankfully after reading 1-2 and the speed at which he was writing, I decided not to read on until he finished the damn series. I think it's more likely than not, that we now get a Wheel of Time scenario. The series WILL be finished there's just too much money in it.

Associate
Thankfully after reading 1-2 and the speed at which he was writing, I decided not to read on until he finished the damn series. I think it's more likely than not, that we now get a Wheel of Time scenario. The series WILL be finished there's just too much money in it.

I'm on about WoT... painfully slow in the middle.

Soldato
If this is anything like Sekiro this is going to be a worth waiting for.

I remember the first time I tried to play Sekiro. I hated it within two and a half hours.

It was my first time playing a game with such a level of difficulty. I haven't played any Souls games before.

I think I went and played another game which was maybe AC Odyssey then once I had that finished it a few months later I went back to Sekiro only because I had bought it and felt I needed to play it to get my moneys worth.

Thank god I gave it another go. Excellent excellent game.

Last edited:
Soldato
Bloodborne was amazing and I liked Sekiro so much I got all the achievements, and that's something I rarely bother with.

This looks like a mix of Sekiro and Dark Souls so I'm keeping my fingers crossed it's good even though I'm not a fan of the latter.

Associate
Further to my prior thoughts I think this game may be as huge a hit for From as Skyrim was for Bethesda, I'm expecting much more mainstream coverage of this than any prior souls game. I think it will be their best selling game as well.

Open World should allow for multiple grinding opportunities as well making it something most should be able to complete.

Despite being tough games, like many RPGs you can grind to success in Dark Souls 1,2 and 3 without being a great player like I have, usually always some kind of trick you can pull off to beat a tough boss, no shame in reading guides for those games.

I wonder if they'll fit in a tribute to the recently departed Miura (edit: not Miyazaki as my pre edit, thankfully he's still with us directing Elden Ring) of Berserk who influenced so much of the Souls game's design, including Elden Ring, the Guts greatsword is almost a guarantee.

Last edited:
Associate
Really looking forward to this, only completed DS1 so far though, was 20 hours into DS2 and then lost my save (didn't realise it doesn't have cloud saving)...so still got 2 & 3 to complete before I start this!

Associate
Cautiously looking forward to this but I'm not sure after Sekiro! Hope the combat is more DS3 / Bloodborne than Sekiro. The combat in Sekiro was awful, it was akin to Dance Dance Revolution with swords rather than a proper melee combat game. Here's hoping they've realised their mistakes in Sekiro.

Associate
I'm curious how (or will) they introduce coop and invasions. As we know that mechanic was a core of Dark Souls but wasn't present in Sekiro at all.

Soldato
Dunno, to me it looks like it became more like Assassin Creed but not in the good way that AC is AC, and also as a result downgraded the Dark Souls aspects that the series is great at. In other words, they simply made a worse Souls game so that it may be open world. The atmosphere is fantastic and the castle shot is jaw-dropping but otherwise there's just so much bad here (some of which was always present, but hidden due to the level-design and semi-linearity), I wonder if that's enough to really push this game as much as fans hype it up.

But for those already sold on it check cdkeys, seems to be almost half price atm.

Back
Top Bottom