*** Elden Ring ***

Soldato
Gracious me. I've still yet to complete the game but still had Mohg to deal with after giving up on him too. After an hour of trying an assortment of different things I finally managed to clown him but had to resort to the Comet Azur and Tiche as the distraction. Roll on the DLC!

Soldato
I've only ever used the one character with Elden Ring and despite putting 30+ hours in I've only (with luck on my side) defeated the first boss. I loved the Elden Ring world and nearly all my game time was literally spent wondering around, mostly in amazement with how big the world is (and i've still barely moved from map start position). I'd like to get involved with the DLC but the thought of getting to the point where I have access (from what I've read) scares me a little.

Last edited:
Associate
Anyone got any tips or advice on how to eliminate in-game stuttering ? When the game was released I played it on PS5, but with the DLC coming out in summer I thought I'd build a new character using the PC version. However, the stuttering can be really bad at times.

Associate
Anyone got any tips or advice on how to eliminate in-game stuttering ? When the game was released I played it on PS5, but with the DLC coming out in summer I thought I'd build a new character using the PC version. However, the stuttering can be really bad at times.
I had the game on an old disc HDD and moved to SSD which solved stuttering for me on release - I'm not sure on your specs :)

Associate
Is this game accessible for people who tried Souls games and sucked at them? Seen lots of videos and really want to play but I managed about 2 hours of trying at Bloodborne and had to call it.

Soldato
Is this game accessible for people who tried Souls games and sucked at them? Seen lots of videos and really want to play but I managed about 2 hours of trying at Bloodborne and had to call it.
Yes. I could never get on with any previous souls game but ER clicked with me as it is truly an open-world game and as silly as it sounds one of the previous complaints, especially when I tried Demon Souls remake on PS5 was the lack of duck/jump which felt alien to me.

Associate
I had the game on an old disc HDD and moved to SSD which solved stuttering for me on release - I'm not sure on your specs :)
Thanks for the advice, but I don't think my PC's specs are at fault ( Ryzen 5800X3D, RTX4090FE, 32GB ). The game is installed on a NVMe drive. At launch I'd heard there were issues with stuttering on PC, but wrongly assumed they'd been fixed by now. From looking on various social media sites the problem still seems quite widespread. Doesn't appear to be a consistent "fix" from what I can see :(

Associate
Yes. I could never get on with any previous souls game but ER clicked with me as it is truly an open-world game and as silly as it sounds one of the previous complaints, especially when I tried Demon Souls remake on PS5 was the lack of duck/jump which felt alien to me.
Thanks I may give it a go, seems very reasonably priced now so I'll not feel guilty if it falls by the wayside again.

Back
Top Bottom