Electric shavers

Associate
Thanks for this post --- ended up buying the LV67 as I didn't really want the faff of the caddy and it seems cleaning under the tap is the easiest solution.

What cleaning products do you use? Is there a specific routine that works well?

After having these type of shavers for many years I basically follow the provided instructions which are fine, but I've added a couple more stages to make it spotless (I only do this once a week so no hassle):
  • Dust out and refit foil part
  • Put liquid soap on outside of foil, drop some water on it while upside down and run in its sonic cleaning mode until it stops (20 seconds on mine)
  • Take foil part off and rinse underneath of foil part for about 15 seconds and move the cutters by hand back and forth a bit to get any remaining soap/debris out. I then wrap the foil part in tissue and shake to get excess water off.
  • Force some liquid soap into popup trimmer slider and run under water for a few seconds then close the pop-up trimmer (this is my addition to keep it clean as well)
  • Use sonic mode whilst rinsing under top cutter blocks under water as per manual but I do this three times not once and from different angles/directions.
  • I then dry the main shaver off a little with some tissue to speed drying.
  • Leave apart to dry.
  • Next time I use it I re-assemble add a couple of drops of the provided oil on the pop up trimmer and each foil and wipe off any excess after running it for a few seconds.

Sounds a lot but cleaning only takes a couple of minutes even with my extra stages and on the occasion I've bought one with a cleaner unit (as its the better deal sometimes) it sits in the drawer as its doesn't do as good a job and the unit needs cleaning/refilling itself. I also wonder how much extra wear the cleaner unit causes as it runs for a long time.

Soldato
pretty much what I do +
remove and blow debris off head and cutter through open window after every use
apply oil with Q-tip dipped in mineral oil, to head and cutter , which makes it easy to spread it.

Soldato
In November 2016 I bought a Panasonic LV95 and up until November 2023 I had purchased one replacement foil so that means two foils lasted 7 years which isn't bad.
November this year I bought the LV67 and within 4 weeks I noticed a little hole forming in the foil so contacted Panasonic.
We have had about 6 emails each back and forth with them first saying they would exchange it.
All the remaining emails say I've forgotten how to treat my foil and it's my fault so they can't replace it.
I'm livid but Gorilla Tape is doing the trick and I can't even tell it's on the shaver :(

This was their last email, absolute jokers, 4 weeks and they're saying it's my fault -

Apologise if this was not the expected answer

not sure why you re-opened/posted in an older thread -
if it was bought from amazon - return shouldn't be an issue ?
but if it's a genuine panasonic - I've never had manufacturing defects in their $$$ foils - if foil doesn't have some lube might give problems and wear.

Soldato
Ive noticed that I can get a faster and closer shave when using hardly any pressure and Im guessing this will save the foil getting damaged too.

Back
Top Bottom