Electric Toothbrush

I moved away from dentist recommended Oral-B as I was concerned it was causing excess wear on more rounded teeth which lead to some enamel erosion and also more damaging to gums.

Five years of Philips Sonicare use later and gums are better with no recession and enamel erosion stopped (same for wife). I did some research and Oral-B put a lot of effort to pushing their products to dental professionals and on my next check up the dentist confirmed that Oral-B incentivises them to recommend their products. He said many of the practice staff prefer Sonicare but Philips just don't offer them any incentives to recommend them.

I moved away from dentist recommended Oral-B as I was concerned it was causing excess wear on more rounded teeth which lead to some enamel erosion and also more damaging to gums.

Five years of Philips Sonicare use later and gums are better with no recession and enamel erosion stopped (same for wife). I did some research and Oral-B put a lot of effort to pushing their products to dental professionals and on my next check up the dentist confirmed that Oral-B incentivises them to recommend their products. He said many of the practice staff prefer Sonicare but Philips just don't offer them any incentives to recommend them.

Interesting, at Christmas I upgraded from an older OralB to the newer IO, recently I have been having gum pain and when I tried a normal toothbrush it seemed better. So I purchased a Sonicare and I'm going to try that, I think you are right about the OralB causing damage.

This is what I found. I tried Oral-B and it was assblasting my gums. Sonicare is the way to go. Batteries last way longer as well. Can get two weeks out of a Sonicare whereas the Oral-B is dead in 3 days.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom