Electric Toothbrush

Soldato
I like the way my expensive one tells you how thoroughly you’ve cleaned your teeth using the iPad/iPhone app. If you don’t have this how are supposed to know if you’ve done a complete job.

Soldato
looks like you 'just' need a 405nm uv light then you can see how good your cleaning is, (whether any phones can take a snap of it though ?)
it's a bit more nerdy/sexy than disclosure tablets

Soldato
how does the brush know where it is to generate these coverage reports ?
I move my head whilst brushing teeth, and wander around - who doesn't.
if the brush is using BLE and you have to have your phone where you are brushing your teeth that's an issue too.

Soldato
how does the brush know where it is to generate these coverage reports ?
I move my head whilst brushing teeth, and wander around - who doesn't.
if the brush is using BLE and you have to have your phone where you are brushing your teeth that's an issue too.
It’s got some kind of clever 3D technology, I have the Oral B app installed on my iPad and have it next to me when I do a guided session but I don’t look at the iPad whilst brushing. I can still achieve 100% coverage and 0s over pressure doing it this way.

Soldato
OK - io brush location is now calculated based on AIchatGPT model - your brushing strategy will need to follow the norms of humanity, previous 'genius' model, you had to look at the phone.

Can you use the Oral B iO range whilst seated on a corner sofa ?
usually brush sat on the end of the bed , watching tv ... dribbling isn't a problem

Soldato
It’s got some kind of clever 3D technology, I have the Oral B app installed on my iPad and have it next to me when I do a guided session but I don’t look at the iPad whilst brushing. I can still achieve 100% coverage and 0s over pressure doing it this way.
Well now I've begun glancing at my iPad to check when I've achieved 100% coverage so I know when to stop, because of this my brushing time is coming down. Managed to do 100% coverage just now in 2:36.

PGUO5US.jpg

Soldato
OK - io brush location is now calculated based on AIchatGPT model - your brushing strategy will need to follow the norms of humanity, previous 'genius' model, you had to look at the phone.

That's an interesting way to do it. Brush is at X angle, Y rotation and Z pressure therefore assume e.g. inner left lower jaw sector. More fine tuning, more detailed assumption.

Soldato
I mentioned one the last time I saw the hygienist and she said they were a waste of time.

Probably to make sure you keep seeing her to get paid. I have a water flosser and it’s fantastic, so much faster than normal flossing and just as good. Have tested flossing after the water flosser numerous times to see if it missed anything but nothing.

Caporegime
Probably to make sure you keep seeing her to get paid.

Nope, if that was the case she wouldn’t have told me how important it was to manually floss :cry:

It’s been proven they aren’t as effective. Good for dislodging bits of food quickly but not great at getting right down below the gum line.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom