Elon Musk goes to court . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I suspect there will just be an out of court settlement, and perhaps an injunction preventing Musk from repeating his comments without being slapped with bigger fines.

This is clearly about money, has the British diver said if he'll donate it all to charity?

Caporegime
I suspect there will just be an out of court settlement, and perhaps an injunction preventing Musk from repeating his comments without being slapped with bigger fines.

This is clearly about money, has the British diver said if he'll donate it all to charity?
Got to be this, he's too rich for anything meaningful to happen.

Caporegime
Maccy began to get annoyed at Stockhausen's thread titles, you won't believe what happened next! Click here!

You forgot to include details of Maccy and Stockhausen’s house prices.

If there was an out of court settlement then why’s he going to court? Like surely he’d have already offered that?

Either he’s being stubborn or “pedo guy” is and wants to make a point/drag him to court.

Associate
The guys ego is approaching Andromeda at a rapid rate.

Deserves it though. He didn't have to risk going bankrupt with both Tesla and SpaceX, to put all your money in probably the two most difficult industries to start in and because of where his passion is, is admirable.

Most of his hate comes from his political stances. People hated him before these comments he made.

Soldato
If there was an out of court settlement then why’s he going to court? Like surely he’d have already offered that?

Either he’s being stubborn or “pedo guy” is and wants to make a point/drag him to court.

Out of court settlements happen all the time even after court proceedings have started.

It's usually at a point where Musks lawyers will advise him that the court is likely to side with the diver and the damage penalty is X amount, less give him an out of court settlement of Y.

It's always about the money. I'm in two minds about the divers intentions. For one thing, good on him for showing that no matter how rich you are, you can't just make humiliating claims like he did. But on the other hand if he's doing it to make a quick buck, then all good intentions goes out the window. Hence i said i wonder if he's announced that he'll be donating all proceeds to a charity. As i suspect it'll likely be quite a sizeable sum.

Soldato
The diver's the one that's been libelled? Why should he be expected to give to charities.
All the guy wants, and ever wanted was an apology.

With Musk being too much of an egotistical arse to do the simple thing, the guy has been forced to sue him for it. He's the one who's said he'll donate any compensation he wins to charity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom