Elon Musk goes to court . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
What would you class as meaningful?

It hardly deserves a jail sentence!

Whilst is hardly deserves a jail sentence i agree, baselessly branding someone ' a pedo ' and 'child rapist' online should not go without some sort punishment.

With modern culture of trial by internet, it only takes 1 idiot to beleive and act out some vigilante style punishment on this innocent man.

Soldato
Well his ego actually has a great deal of substance, he gets things done

Eventually. When was the last time he met one of his self-imposed deadlines?

I'm quite fan of Musk's accomplishments (or at least, those of the people who work for him), but the reason he's in court right now is purely down to his ego. He wanted his mini submarine to be be used in the cave rescue and threw his toys out of the pram when he was told (quite rudely) that it was an unworkable idea. That's really no reason to accuse someone of being a pedo. Instead of swallowing his pride and apologising, he then doubled down on the idiotic claim and here we are.

Soldato
This is clearly about money, has the British diver said if he'll donate it all to charity?

If there was an out of court settlement then why’s he going to court? Like surely he’d have already offered that?

Either he’s being stubborn or “pedo guy” is and wants to make a point/drag him to court.

All the guy wants, and ever wanted was an apology.

With Musk being too much of an egotistical arse to do the simple thing, the guy has been forced to sue him for it. He's the one who's said he'll donate any compensation he wins to charity.

From memory I think Elon apologised soon afterwards and then the spat kind of ended. Then, for whatever reason, a random person brought it up to Elon months later and Elon suggested the fact legal proceedings hadn't been brought against him it must be "strange" (it isn't really, he apologises, everyone moves on, 'tis the British way).

No ounce of sympathy here for Elon, he was at fault, apologised, then insinuated the lack of legal action was telling. Now he has his legal action.

Associate
I miss that Elon. I used to look forward to checking what silly tweets he'd posted. Unfortunately he crossed the line with the one about taking Tesla private, and since then he's learned (or been forced) to rein it in.

EDIT: Fixing spelling.

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't think Elon is losing sleep over this, he isn't looking for sympathy lol

Why would he lose sleep? He's only being sued for $75,000. Still, it's time out of his life he has to waste on this. Also, you don't have to ask to be given sympathy from someone else, that's a part of empathy.

Caporegime
Out of court settlements happen all the time even after court proceedings have started.

It's usually at a point where Musks lawyers will advise him that the court is likely to side with the diver and the damage penalty is X amount, less give him an out of court settlement of Y.

It's always about the money. I'm in two minds about the divers intentions. For one thing, good on him for showing that no matter how rich you are, you can't just make humiliating claims like he did. But on the other hand if he's doing it to make a quick buck, then all good intentions goes out the window. Hence i said i wonder if he's announced that he'll be donating all proceeds to a charity. As i suspect it'll likely be quite a sizeable sum.

Ah ok, I was just assuming that he’d have been paid off already. Like maybe the diver is more concerned about the principle of it, not just letting the billionaire pay him off with something meaningless but rather make him appear in court etc... Taking up his time, having him publicly found to be in the wrong etc... more of a sting than having his lawyers just cut a cheque for some sum of money that’s meaningless to Elon to make the problem go away.

Caporegime
I mean he's only really able to get a financial settlement anyway... Unless he's actually what Musk say's he is, he should just go through with the trial.

Otherwise there was little point to it and it wont really stop Musk doing it again. Money is cool and all, but dragging Musk through the mud would be far more interesting.

Last edited:
Soldato
If I remember correctly Elon Musk challenged Vern Unsworth to sue. Whether that was out of ego or just assuming he could spend more on lawyers to win we can only guess at.

The whole submarine idea was impractical from the start which he should have learned from a 5 minute conversation with anyone with real cave diving experience. Amongst the reasons why:
- The human body conveniently bends in the middle, so getting though tight spaces is a lot easier.
- The accompanying Doctors can't check breathing, blood pressure and heart rate with a metal tube in the way.
- Nobody has used a sub before and nobody has the experience of doing it, so a huge risk compared to the known techniques for these rescues.
- and this bears repeating:

Its more because he is a massive bell end.

Soldato
Deserves it though. He didn't have to risk going bankrupt with both Tesla and SpaceX, to put all your money in probably the two most difficult industries to start in and because of where his passion is, is admirable.

Most of his hate comes from his political stances. People hated him before these comments he made.

Well his ego actually has a great deal of substance, he gets things done

Really? Seems he under-delivers or outright fails on his promises these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom