Poll: Emilia Romagna Grand Prix 2021, Imola - Race 2/23

Rate the 2021 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Caporegime
Has Williams had a big upgrade since the last race or is the car so much better than last year? I know it's only frr practice and qualifying tomorrow will give a better idea but even Latifi has been well up the timing today.

They look better than last race, but the timing sheet flatters them. Mazepin and then Leclerc ending the sessions early stopped a lot of drivers setting fast times.

Caporegime
Also, not reading the race directors notes correctly and as such not allowing Verstappen to use the run off at turn 4 during the race.

In the driver interviews, Lewis said that the data showed that he didn't lose time by sticking to the track limits so I guess it didn't make much difference. Although it does make me wonder why he was doing it if he wasn't gaining time from it.

Man of Honour
That merc is certainly looking much more planted than in Bahrain.

https://www.motorsportweek.com/2021...-mercedes-gains-but-verstappen-a-big-unknown/

I mean it’s impressive if they’ve found that much pace already. Whilst we know red bull can develop throughout a season, a few times they’ve also had the bonus of engine and other key part replacements that had resulted in grid penalties earlier in the season. It’s going to be an interesting one, that’s for sure. Hopefully reliability doesn’t get in the way.

Last edited:
Soldato
I mean it’s impressive if they’ve found that much pace already

Mercedes have been so dominant for so long I just generally assume they’ve always got more performance in the locker ready to bolt on as soon as anyone gets too close. As the saying goes, the aim is to win the race in the slowest possible time. So why show all your cards any sooner than you have to.

Soldato
The coverage was a bit poor yesterday. Not sure who was at fault, sky or the local media but if I wanted to see constant aerial shots I'd just use Google earth! Lol.

Hazaspin performing as expected!

Merc look strong. Max looks moody and that's possibly not a good thing.

Be good to see more running today.

Back
Top Bottom