Poll: Emilia Romagna Grand Prix 2022, Imola - Race 4

Rate the Emilia Romagna grand prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Imola Circuit

The Autodromo Internazionale Enzo e Dino Ferrari, better known as Imola, is a 4.909 km (3.050 mi) motor racing circuit in the town of Imola, in the Emilia-Romagna region of Italy, 40 km (25 mi) east of Bologna.

It is one of the few major international circuits to run in an anti-clockwise direction.

The circuit is named after Ferrari's late founder, Enzo Ferrari, and his son, Alfredo "Dino" Ferrari, who died in 1956 at age 24. Before Enzo's death, it was called Autodromo Dino Ferrari. The circuit has an FIA Grade 1 license.

It was the venue for the San Marino GP between 1982 and 2006 and returned to the calendar in 2020 to help fill gaps due to Covid-19, it has since regained its regular slot on the calendar with a race in 2021 and now a contract to host F1 until 2025.

Weekend Schedule

i0DbNIq.jpg

TV Schedules

Sky F1

TwuoXfp.jpg

Channel 4

Saturday 23rd April - Qualifying Highlights - 18:45
Sunday 24th April - Grand Prix Highlights - 18:30

TBC

Track Information

1XqSBoi.jpg

Weather Forecast

OUq6eov.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
I will say too, I like the Sprint weekends - nice to see some meaningful action on a Friday but I almost wish they would swap the Sprint race and Practice Session on Say - do the race first and then give them a session to practice - half the car’s don’t want to go out in the morning practice ahead of the Sprint.

Man of Honour
OP
I'm not sure Merc should be "ashamed" at the end of the day a time was going to come where Mercedes were not the top team - and if it was going to happen it was going to take a major tech change like we've seen this year.

I suppose its hard to understand how a team like Haas, even having spent 2021 focusing on the 22 car managed to develop a more consistent car than Merc with all their resources.

Man of Honour
OP
No defender of Hamilton but I wonder if he got caught out behind the Sainz/Ricciardo incident at the start, I assume those who made the big jumps on lap 1 (including Russell) were on the "other" side of the track and got past.

Man of Honour
OP
Could be a bit of a wake up call for him this season, easy to beat a useless team mate. Getting a bit of a lesson off a guy who wasn't even in the car till about a fortnight before the season!

I do wonder if the change in cars means that he's back to "Season 1" a little in his usual "2 season" cycle of improvement - I almost wonder if he's just trying too hard a little today

Man of Honour
OP
Russell, DotD for me. Made up places, overtook properly, defended well against Bottas with DRS at the end.

Congratulations to RB, absolutely maximised they're weekend. Disaster for Ferrari but Leclerc still has a good lead. Nice to see Nando take a podium, and Yuki and the Astons get a decent result.

Hamilton having a total mare. Expect he'll be back stronger next race. Mick struggling again, pity as he'd done well yesterday.

Dissapointed by Mick's race - made a mess at the start and never recovered from there, poor though - pressure will grow - although Magussen went backwards throughout the race too at least he finished in the points.

Man of Honour
OP
Hard to decide on driver of the day for me.

Norris
Russell
Bottas
Tsnuda
Albon

I think I'm going to give it to Russell for holding off Bottas despite not having the front wing adjustment when they switched to slicks. Only a touch ahead of Norris perhaps.

I'd like to have seen Ricciardo avoid that first lap incident, be good to see if McLaren really had the pace this weekend or if it was just Lando!

Man of Honour
OP
I wouldn’t even put the time and effort in to ranking the Merc drivers. Yes, Russell has performed better; car may suit his style more or he’s just used to driving terrible cars, but we’ve also heard about them each trying different setups to understand why the car is so bad. This stupid sprint format doesn’t allow much setup time anyway.

From this race, it was impressive seeing how composed the RB was. They’ve built an incredible car for it to be so stable this early in new regs. The Ferrari is obviously also excellent in the corners, but it makes the straight look like it’s full of potholes.

I suspect Russell has become more used to driving a dog of a car after his spell at Williams, Lewis is so used to having a good, fast car over this past 6-7 years - he's forgotten what a crap car is like!.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom