Eminem - Music to Be Murdered By

Soldato
Yeah overall I was disappointed. Kamikaze was far from his best work but I was bumping that album for weeks. On this album there are 3 standout tracks and even then I wonder if they're just standout because the rest of the album is weak.

Soldato
Eminem is still one of the best in terms of spitting lyrics, but for me everything since The Eminem show has been absolute dross. He needs much better producers. I bet if Dre was producing one his albums the beats would be improved instantly, rather than sounding like a chaotic mess. There's just no flow to any of it.

Dre and Ruben with Exec producers on MMLP2 and Revival and Dre was also involved with Kamikaze.

Interesting that Kanye gets a mention. His rapping, particularly his diction is absolutely atrocious. The only rapper I've heard that is worse in terms of diction is Lupe Fiasco.

I am surprised you think Kanye is the 2nd worst rapper you've ever heard.

Soldato
Kanye and Jay Z are toss. :p

I can understand not liking Kanye... But to say Jay Z is toss is absolute nonsense. Take his entire body of work and he bodies everyone else's career. I say this as someone who preferred Nas to Jay. He is the benchmark there is no one as consistent as him. His flow, his double or triple entendres, beat selection and growth as a person/artist (as I said 4:44 is a grown man rapping about grown man stuff. Not trying to keep up with the kids. What development has Eminem shown?) there is no way you can realistically name 5 rappers better than him with a career length that he has had.

I can still listen to some of his older songs, pull up RapGenius and find bits I've never noticed. Sure he took a massive L when Nas released Ether, probably with Kingdom Come and of course when Em beat him on his own track with Renegade but other than those times. He has always been up there. He's not my favourite rapper and nor does he have my favourite verses (Inspectah Deck: Triumph or Biggie Smalls: Victory) but you just can't deny him.

Soldato
Its nowhere near as catchy as his early work, but the wordplay and lyrics are up there with his best.

Darkness is an absolute masterpiece, in my opinion its the best thing he has ever come out with. Exceeding clever with a deep underlying meaning.

Soldato
He did have some very clever word play on it. It's only been out a week or so, so i really need to give it more time to really judge. Heard it twice so far though.

I just think the hardest verse on the whole album was by Black Thought

Permabanned
Who are your kind of rappers?

Guess its more older stuff really.

From my "Stuff" spotify playlist there is mostly the following. :p

Earlier Eminem, up to maybe the Eminem Show though there are a few good tracks after.
Wu tang clan/all the individuals
Dre
Earlier Snoop
Cypress hill
Some of the gangster stuff from the late 80's/90's, NWA etc
Bit of Nas
Some Biggy and Tupac
Little bit of Young MC
Couple of DMX tracks

Not so much the verbal skills, as some I dont like are excellent in that regard but its the tunes/beats I dont really like, find myself listening to modern grime more than modern rap.

Soldato
Dre and Ruben with Exec producers on MMLP2 and Revival and Dre was also involved with Kamikaze.

I am surprised you think Kanye is the 2nd worst rapper you've ever heard.

It seems Eminem long abandoned the type of beats used on things like Drug Ballard (brilliant song btw), and Bitch Please II (which is much more Dre like than Eminem's usual muddled beats).

As to Kanye I don't think some of his music is the worst. I actually like some of it, but just listen to how he's pronouncing his words, and the extent of his vocab. In my opinion, it's not great.

Find Jay Z slow and boring also the tune/beats are usually crap. Just not my kind of rapper.

He is a bit slow, his tracks seem to lack power and presence. Nas has always been better and I think Nas has owned him on every track they perform together on. Nas raps like he has a cause, a point to get across. Jay-z raps like he's going through the motions.

Man of Honour
I find his excuse over the whole Manchester lyrics a bit weak really and disappointing though there is a certain validity to his overall perspective on it IMO it is kind of like free speech in that doesn't mean you can just say anything without filter. I was expecting the outrage to be a bit of an over-reaction but having actually read them there wasn't really any need for including those lines.

Soldato
All his music sounds the same to be honest.

He's good, there's a place for him. I don't listen to Hip Hop/Rap but when his first album dropped I was in to it.

I like how his albums are more like stories than music.

---

Yea.... this isn't really my kinda album. I'm a metal head!

Whats turned me off is Those Kinda Nights with Ed Sheeran..... oh dear!

This album is too popy for me.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Guess its more older stuff really.

From my "Stuff" spotify playlist there is mostly the following. :p

Earlier Eminem, up to maybe the Eminem Show though there are a few good tracks after.
Wu tang clan/all the individuals
Dre
Earlier Snoop
Cypress hill
Some of the gangster stuff from the late 80's/90's, NWA etc
Bit of Nas
Some Biggy and Tupac
Little bit of Young MC
Couple of DMX tracks

Not so much the verbal skills, as some I dont like are excellent in that regard but its the tunes/beats I dont really like, find myself listening to modern grime more than modern rap.

Ah, all the good stuff then. That's what I like to see. None of this mumble rubbish. :p

Nothing will ever come close to the 90s west coast rappers for me. Golden era.

In other news, Eminem has achieved his 10th consecutive UK number one album, as well as 10th number one single. Not bad.

https://www.officialcharts.com/char...red-by-and-godzilla-debut-at-number-1__28448/

Soldato
This album has grown on me after a few listens, but still not keen on the features, apart from Royce. They just seem so out of place, like Young M.A on the first track, just doesn't fit at all IMO. Darkness has to be up there with some of his best work though, only track in a long time I haven't wanted to end and had to listen to it again.

Man of Honour
Dum duh dum duh dum DUHH - go go gadget ****!! Whipped that **** out, and ladies ain’t doubt about it, it hit the floor causing earthquakes and power outage.

That always makes me lol :D

Soldato
This album has grown on me after a few listens, but still not keen on the features, apart from Royce. They just seem so out of place, like Young M.A on the first track, just doesn't fit at all IMO. Darkness has to be up there with some of his best work though, only track in a long time I haven't wanted to end and had to listen to it again.

Darkness is one of the best on the album to be honest.

I also like stepdad, little engine & yah yah though.

Back
Top Bottom