**Encased - RPG**

Soldato
Anyone here getting one digit FPS when reloading a save and then taking like 20-30 seconds before back to 60 ? Started to get problem with crashes on loading up the game or doing a reload so been messing around and now managed an hour without a single crash while doing loads of reloading to make sure. Now instead it is the low FPS after the reload that's bothering me.

If anyone has any suggestions I be very grateful !

I have updated the Chipset Drivers, latest AMD drivers (but going to try an older one just incase.) Also going to turn of Steam Overlay next time I start it up. The crashing stopped after I lowered the refresh rate on the monitor from 144 to 60 MHz (Already had the game set for 60 MHz before, since having it on 144 made it flicker and then crash also). My monitor is a Dell AW3821DW if that information is needed.

Edit: If anyone happens to read this and having similar problem. I never thought of turning Adaptive Sync off in the Radeon Software and after doing that it all working as it should again ! So if you not already done it, try it with off ! :p

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Anyone here getting one digit FPS when reloading a save and then taking like 20-30 seconds before back to 60 ? Started to get problem with crashes on loading up the game or doing a reload so been messing around and now managed an hour without a single crash while doing loads of reloading to make sure. Now instead it is the low FPS after the reload that's bothering me.

If anyone has any suggestions I be very grateful !

I have updated the Chipset Drivers, latest AMD drivers (but going to try an older one just incase.) Also going to turn of Steam Overlay next time I start it up. The crashing stopped after I lowered the refresh rate on the monitor from 144 to 60 MHz (Already had the game set for 60 MHz before, since having it on 144 made it flicker and then crash also). My monitor is a Dell AW3821DW if that information is needed.
Nope, all good here. 4K60 maxed out.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
So erm, saw the Gamedec reviews and looks like I will be give that a miss :p

Right now I may consider ATOM RPG Trudograd, but I feel it may be a bad idea playing two CRPG's back to back.

Soldato
OP
Been okay performance wise 120hz @ 4k (OLED) when saving and after. Biggest issue for me is now and then my mouse goes haywire and keeps panning one way, but I think more to do with wireless connectivity on mouse going down.

Could try removing any OC you have on the GPU?

Soldato
Could try removing any OC you have on the GPU?
Nothing is OC on my PC. But I see you also having a RTX card just like TNA. I am actually installing the game on my second PC which has a 1080Ti and going to see how that works out.

Edit: So, reloading a save with the 1080Ti and all works just fine, the game even automatically gave me the same settings as with my 6900Xt card. So guessing the game do not like AMD drivers (or at least not mine !). :p

Edit 2: Well just found this over at steam discussions for the Encased game and it's more or less what I been experience:

Hmmm I actually think it runs on Unity.
Less likely unreal engine but looks like unity to me.

If you are an AMD GPU user then there are often issues with Unity.
In general unity often toast the GPU lacks frame limiters.... On AMD as a cherry on top it often crashes display drivers and other fun strange things. This game is no exception. It all started with the new Mechcommander game for me.
Then again Wasteland 3 runs fine and it is also unity. There are games that work as intended.
Source: Link to steam Scroll down to reply 7 and then a bit further down on reply 10 a user says this:

Looking at the install folder, it is most definitely using Unity.

UnityCrashHandler64.exe
UnityPlayer.dll

Right there in the root.

So, it might not be a driver issue after all but a game platform issue ? If that's the case I guess I have to keep playing the game on my secondary PC. :(

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Even more amusing Gamedec is out in a couple of days!

Will probably get on that after completing Encased. After that may give ATOM RPG Trudograd a whirl.

Since you haven't played ATOM RPG, you'd be better off playing that before playing Trudograd. Trudograd was originally planned as a DLC for ATOM RPG before being turned into a sequel to it and it's very strongly tied to it. So much so that it's designed for a character from a completed game of ATOM RPG. You can play Trudograd without playing ATOM RPG (character creation creates an already levelled character), but it's better to play ATOM RPG first.

I think I'll play Encased after Trudograd. I'll put it on my list. Although I just bought another half a dozen games because I saw Flatout 4 on sale for a few quid on Steam. So of course I browsed a bit and bought some more games. As you do. I should probably play games I buy.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Since you haven't played ATOM RPG, you'd be better off playing that before playing Trudograd. Trudograd was originally planned as a DLC for ATOM RPG before being turned into a sequel to it and it's very strongly tied to it. So much so that it's designed for a character from a completed game of ATOM RPG. You can play Trudograd without playing ATOM RPG (character creation creates an already levelled character), but it's better to play ATOM RPG first.

I think I'll play Encased after Trudograd. I'll put it on my list. Although I just bought another half a dozen games because I saw Flatout 4 on sale for a few quid on Steam. So of course I browsed a bit and bought some more games. As you do. I should probably play games I buy.
I would say give it a good 6-12 months for them patch it up and price to come down. Can be had for £15 from CDKeys mind.

I completed it last night, seems as soon as you complete act 2 you are pretty much at the end as act 3 is like an hour long if that. Basically the meat of the game is side quests and exploring. If I did not do all that I would probably finished the game is a third of the time. I actually enjoyed exploring the whole map and finding every place. Started to lose a bit of interest towards the end though as the levelling system seemed a bit broken. I must have levelled up 3-4 times in an hour towards the end and it did not feel earned as I was so OP at that point killing was like 3-4 shots and that would level you up. Finished level 46 in the end (without cheating or taking advantage of any game breaking bugs).

Overall had a lot of fun. Worth the £19 I paid. But I do feel burned out a little and won't bother with any other CRPG's for a while. When I do, I may give Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous a go which I like the look of (will defo wait for a price drop and seems to need a lot of patching). Then move onto the ATOM games eventually.

Fun fact, I played Lone Wolf and got an achievement at the end that only 0.1% players got. For completing the game you get an achievement that 0.5% people have, so only 20% of the people playing went lone wolf route :)

Soldato
A 4GB hot fix was released not long ago, not played the game yet but be giving it a whirl later.

The recent Encased hotfix released a week ago fixed the most annoying and noticeable bugs that interfered with the comfortable playthrough, and also introduced a number of cosmetic fixes, mostly voice acting and localization. Nevertheless, we received a fairly large number of reports from our players regarding not bugs but the interface, game mechanics and unexpected game behavior. Many of these bugs took a long time to fix, so we included fixes for them in Hotfix 2.
Overall, the latest update turned out to be much more voluminous than the previous one, and we hope that traveling around the world of the Dome will become even more convenient.

Source: Steam Encased News

All changes in spoiler since it is a large update.

Localization and voiceover
  • Added narrator voiceover for the main storyline [EN]
  • Added voiceover for companions: Fox, Crump, Jack, Sparrow and Yoko [EN]
  • Several localization fixes for Chinese (Traditional)
  • Significantly improved Chinese (Simplified) localization, wait for further improvements
  • Fixed a typo in the dialogue with Milo Randall [EN]
  • Fixed scan records of relics named Seashell and Hook
  • Fixed typos [RU]
  • Fixed scan of Rajah Chakraborty's character scan record
  • Corrected the name and description of the Burning Skeleton (Pyro-Skeleton)

Game Options
  • Added the option to disable narrator voiceover in dialogues and plot interactions

Interface
  • Added a special designation for abilities that can be added to the Quick Access panel (Belt), added a button to quickly add abilities
  • Improved the displaying of characteristics, taking into account bonuses from traits and starting bonuses of Wings on the final screen of character creation
  • Added a red border to the context menu for abilities that are considered a crime
  • Fixed old icons when using actions with progress bar
  • Fixed incorrect indication of the weapon reload button
  • Camera shake option is now saved when saving settings
  • Added the ability to assign camera panning to arrow keys
  • Fixed the Companion marker on the local map
  • Fixed displaying of status effect notifications when player is wearing a Servoshell
  • Improved interface for displaying evidence at location
  • Fixed the info line for the use of AoE abilities
  • Added additional types of markers for the local map
  • Fixed the displaying of the action points bar for a large number of Action Points

Levels
  • Fixed displaying of the combat grid on platforms in the Barrens location during random combat encounters
  • Fixed camera borders on Magellan
  • Expanded the area of access to the container at the Nashville Sewers (Act 1) location
  • Fixed the displaying of flower pots at the Magellan Military Post location
  • Added decorations for Parked Ursula (Ursula camp)
  • Added a Servoshell Storage Station to Ursula
  • Fixed inability to approach the shower stall on Ursula
  • Fixed locations that could be entered from the Global Map, but cannot be exited in Servoshell
  • The Pillaged Caravan location has been optimized, interactivity of some items has been fixed
  • Corrected the name of the gate leading to the Arena in the Fops’ camp
  • Added camera boundaries at the Barrens location during random combat encounters
  • Fixed destruction of doors at the Roadside Picnic location
  • Fixed the owner of the safe at the Temple location
  • Fixed access to vending machine at Magellan Laboratory
  • Fixed access to the container at the Kaleidoscope location

Quests
  • Fixed inability to install Maelstrom Beacons
  • Fixed inability to speak with Henrietta Russo when completing the main quest in Act 2
  • Fixed being able to return the Ejector to Santiago if the player has already completed the main quest “Cooperation Above All Else”
  • Fixed The Poisoned Well quest playthrough
  • Fixed the low Brains dialogue during the final meeting with the Maelstrom: now the game responds correctly to using the Beta Helmet
  • Fixed inability to name a password for a character with Brains equal to 1 on Magellan Reactor Floor
  • Added a special illustration for the Church and Phalanx ending
  • Fixed inability to talk to Lenny with a drawn weapon at the Crossroads location
  • Fixed low Brains character dialogue in the epilogue
  • City Location: fixed the accessibility of some objects
  • Removed the ability to receive infinite experience when finishing the quest by talking to Harris Hampton at the Radioactive Graveyard location
  • Fixed the ending related to killing the leaders of the Carmine Heights faction
  • Fixed the working of the Lost Caravan quest with a certain sequence of actions

Game Mechanics
  • Fixed New Committee reputation decreases for killing the Afflicted
  • Fixed the range of the Robot Maintenance ability
  • Hog Loader: using the Dismantle ability in the dialogue now adds fatigue, similar to using this ability on other world objects
  • Hog Loader: Fixed infinite driving experience gain
  • Attacks on settlements: the level of the attackers is now calculated according to the level of the location
  • Attacks on settlements: Exploding Robokids removed from the list of attackers
  • The cooldown of the Thievery ability has been reduced to 1 turn
  • Fixed the Career Criminal ability
  • Fixed the displaying of exiting a location by car if the player received Ursula as a vehicle
  • Fixed description and mechanic of the Third Adrenal perk
  • Fixed immobilization mechanic for Psi-Stasis

Bugs and Errors
  • Fixed inability to remove fatigue when using beds and skipping time
  • Fixed broken inventory display when some items are present
  • Fixed the disappearance of the player character's model when using the Holo-5 contraption
  • Fixed being able to steal the obsolete Matilda pistol from Courtney Reznor
  • Fixed the appearance of character named Giampiero Stalvardi after completing his quest
  • Fixed potential bugs in the Tutorial and Give feedback windows
  • Fixed the work of saves in case of using only special characters in the save name
  • Fixed bugs when escaping and getting imprisoned
  • Fixed work of internal reputation with factions when completing main storyline quests
  • Fixed the ability to use the Resuscitation Kit through the inventory on the Global Map
  • Waiting window - fixed time updates on the slider
  • Fixed Wound Up ability working
  • Fixed potential freeze on title screen
  • Fixed being able to apply items while in White Space
  • Fixed potential freeze when moving around the Roadside Picnic location with companions
  • Fixed inability to fire at hyenas in burst mode
  • Fixed a bug with repeated dialogue with the character named Ilya Andreev
  • Fixed freeze when using the elevator in combat on the -3rd floor of Nashville

Sound
  • Fixed sounds of electrohyena: now they stop playing after its death
  • Added sounds for using gates from City to Junktown and vice versa
  • Added sounds for using Council gates
  • Fixed events volume in some text random encounters
  • Fixed sounds of interaction with objects in the Emulator laboratories
  • Added sound for using the gate in the Maze of Death
  • Added sounds for random encounters while using Ursula
  • Added sounds for the Ursula quest
  • Fixed the sound of the Field Autopsy ability

Miscellaneous
  • Fixed the absence of an icon in the fractal tree (Apple Tree Fractal Crystal) on the Picnic
  • Fixed an issue where attacking MOBIOS on Magellan's lab floor would render the entire faction hostile
  • Fixed some death effects
  • Fixed trade table for Sebastian Van Ulden
  • Fixed trade table for the Church's weapons merchant
  • Reduced the amount of dynamite on sale
  • Increased the number of Sleep Grenades on sale
  • Removed the ability to create an Electronic Repair Kit
  • Fixed the displaying of the skeleton in T-pose when removing the Light Alloy Chest Armor from it during the random encounter
  • Fixed Encased logo
  • Added new Encased app icon

Edit: For some reason when I posted yesterday the link was for a old update. :confused:

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Patch has changed things, seen GPU load jump pretty massively oddly enough. FPS is the same, but needs much more GPU grunt it seems!

I would say give it a good 6-12 months for them patch it up and price to come down. Can be had for £15 from CDKeys mind.

I completed it last night, seems as soon as you complete act 2 you are pretty much at the end as act 3 is like an hour long if that. Basically the meat of the game is side quests and exploring. If I did not do all that I would probably finished the game is a third of the time. I actually enjoyed exploring the whole map and finding every place. Started to lose a bit of interest towards the end though as the levelling system seemed a bit broken. I must have levelled up 3-4 times in an hour towards the end and it did not feel earned as I was so OP at that point killing was like 3-4 shots and that would level you up. Finished level 46 in the end (without cheating or taking advantage of any game breaking bugs).

Overall had a lot of fun. Worth the £19 I paid. But I do feel burned out a little and won't bother with any other CRPG's for a while. When I do, I may give Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous a go which I like the look of (will defo wait for a price drop and seems to need a lot of patching). Then move onto the ATOM games eventually.

Fun fact, I played Lone Wolf and got an achievement at the end that only 0.1% players got. For completing the game you get an achievement that 0.5% people have, so only 20% of the people playing went lone wolf route :)

For Lone wolf, did you complete the quest where you take the scientist you meet in junk town back to Magellan okay? She joins your team, but not sure if at that point she counts as a companion so would void Lone wolf achievement.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Patch has changed things, seen GPU load jump pretty massively oddly enough. FPS is the same, but needs much more GPU grunt it seems!

For Lone wolf, did you complete the quest where you take the scientist you meet in junk town back to Magellan okay? She joins your team, but not sure if at that point she counts as a companion so would void Lone wolf achievement.
Yep, that was fine, it did not mess with the achievement. As long as you do not actually recruit her which I think later on you can.

I hope the dev team make a sequel. I feel they got many things right.

How far along are you now by the way? Did you not feel being such high level takes away from the enjoyment? For me more I levelled and less challenging it got, the less I enjoyed. I did love the first 20 or so hours though.

Oh and pro tip to everyone, don’t waste to much time robbing or accumulating money, I finished with loads and was nothing major to do with it all in the end. Getting a house turned out to be a bit of a waste of time, don’t even think you get an achievement for it. Could have just rented or picked the lock and it would have cost less than 10% or be free. Things like this I think they need to work on for the sequel to make it more satisfying. Also the power armour and cars.

Soldato
OP
Yep, that was fine, it did not mess with the achievement. As long as you do not actually recruit her which I think later on you can.

I hope the dev team make a sequel. I feel they got many things right.

How far along are you now by the way? Did you not feel being such high level takes away from the enjoyment? For me more I levelled and less challenging it got, the less I enjoyed. I did love the first 20 or so hours though.

Oh and pro tip to everyone, don’t waste to much time robbing or accumulating money, I finished with loads and was nothing major to do with it all in the end. Getting a house turned out to be a bit of a waste of time, don’t even think you get an achievement for it. Could have just rented or picked the lock and it would have cost less than 10% or be free. Things like this I think they need to work on for the sequel to make it more satisfying. Also the power armour and cars.

Nice. Completed the game, something to keep in mind if I ever do another run again. Companions were a Pain tbh, there AI where exploring needs improving, but extra storage is nice!

Yeah game gets easy in general. All of Act 1 was available during the last early access so even when normal play becomes easy.

Yeah overall a solid game and base to work from. There is content cut it feels and some areas would have liked to been more dense. Most places you go in first Act feel much more polished then area's which open up later, but still good fun.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Nice. Completed the game, something to keep in mind if I ever do another run again. Companions were a Pain tbh, there AI where exploring needs improving, but extra storage is nice!

Yeah game gets easy in general. All of Act 1 was available during the last early access so even when normal play becomes easy.

Yeah overall a solid game and base to work from. There is content cut it feels and some areas would have liked to been more dense. Most places you go in first Act feel much more polished then area's which open up later, but still good fun.
Agreed. Act 1 was by far the best.

I am happy to hear I made the right choice going lone wolf then :)

Oh and I changed my mind on Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous after looking in deeper at the reviews. So that just leaves ATOM then :)

Soldato
OP
Agreed. Act 1 was by far the best.

I am happy to hear I made the right choice going lone wolf then :)

Oh and I changed my mind on Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous after looking in deeper at the reviews. So that just leaves ATOM then :)

Yeah, hopefully they fix the companion part, most annoying bit is transitioning areas, they need to be a certain distance and I sware always lag so far behind, becomes tedious whenever you need to move zone.

Ahhh, be curious how you get on with ATOM. Think my next one after a breather away from these games for a bit then pathfinder once its had a few patch's.

Soldato
OP
I think it was watching ACG's review that put me off a little. Will wait at least a year.

How is the previous pathfinders like guys?

Its awesome for me, one of the best cRPG's I played. Rough around the edges being the studios first outing but defo up there for me. Partly why I am going to let WoR get patched and play it in month I have off in Dec so can get deep into it at the expense of real life :p

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Its awesome for me, one of the best cRPG's I played. Rough around the edges being the studios first outing but defo up there for me. Partly why I am going to let WoR get patched and play it in month I have off in Dec so can get deep into it at the expense of real life :p
:D

Back
Top Bottom