Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

I think people in general use far too many plates/utensils.
With the above example for xmas dinner, for 4 people usually its 2-3 pans, 4 plates, 2 oven trays, 4 glasses and some spoons/forks/knifes, sometimes the steamer also. Doesn't take much to hand wash at all. Don't have any idea how you could use 2 dishwasher loads full unless you are putting things onto plates and sectioning everything out onto different plates before you cook.

A regular day for myself is 1 bowl, spoon and fork, air fryer basket (sometimes don't even use that), 1 plate and my water bottle at the end of the day. I sometimes just use a paper plate. Also the "regular" plates I have are not ceramic they are wheat straw plates that don't really have anything stick to them.

Last edited:
Yeah I also can't see how people can say unloading/loading takes more time than washing.

I can see arguments for/against for energy.
I mean for us it's definitely water/energy efficient and with other heating systems it might be better there way around.

But for time? I used to wash by hand when had no room for a dishwasher and it's absolutely slower.

dishwasher example is allegorical.

But for time? I used to wash by hand when had no room for a dishwasher and it's absolutely slower. kitchen process requires multi-tasking

have the dishwasher disciples measured the actual energy consumption, to see if it is on spec ,
... like the pre-eu reg. 2KW vacuum we have it consumes more if it is clogged ? did boris noiw give us back the right to effective vacuums ... we don't love dyson anymore anyway.

Dishwasher cleaned regular drinking glasses , & plates, a bit, always seem to have an annoying grippy(high friction) feel - alkali from soap ?
not sure if todays influencers have done a training tik-tok video on hand washing-up.

yes I'd watched an interesting related video, and wondered if the guy down the street feeding into the grid , would be making my appliaces run inefficiently, polluting my energy.

The Firm Frequency Response FFR Market
That's about the frequency. Harmonic distortion is a different animal.

We use our dishwasher literally daily. We also have free power from 9-12pm so just set the timer to go on just after 9pm and she's all free. 32% of our energy use is between those hours. When it was just me and the wife we'd use it every 2nd day. Crazy how much dishes a 2yo can add to the mix.

We use our dishwasher literally daily. We also have free power from 9-12pm so just set the timer to go on just after 9pm and she's all free. 32% of our energy use is between those hours. When it was just me and the wife we'd use it every 2nd day. Crazy how much dishes a 2yo can add to the mix.

Free power 9-12pm?
What's your usual rate?

I could really make use of something like this! Washing machine and tumble could be run in that time slot too!

I think people in general use far too many plates/utensils.
With the above example for xmas dinner, for 4 people usually its 2-3 pans, 4 plates, 2 oven trays, 4 glasses and some spoons/forks/knifes, sometimes the steamer also. Doesn't take much to hand wash at all. Don't have any idea how you could use 2 dishwasher loads full unless you are putting things onto plates and sectioning everything out onto different plates before you cook.

A regular day for myself is 1 bowl, spoon and fork, air fryer basket (sometimes don't even use that), 1 plate and my water bottle at the end of the day. I sometimes just use a paper plate. Also the "regular" plates I have are not ceramic they are wheat straw plates that don't really have anything stick to them.

So no starter?
No desert?

Or do you use the same plates?

Free power 9-12pm?
What's your usual rate?

I could really make use of something like this! Washing machine and tumble could be run in that time slot too!

We're in NZ though so not sure if something similar available in UK.

Unsure about our usual rate as the missus gets the bill, I don't pay attention to the details, I just pay it. But if it helps, I paid £68.05 for our power this month.

From 9-12pm we run the dishwasher, tumble dryer, have showers, have the bread maker going, have both heatpumps going full whack in the house (during winter or cold night). Have the radiant heater going and sometimes if the wife have time, prep the food for the next day too, which cuts down on the oven use the next day, or just does some baking.

Although even without the free power, it still wouldn't be too bad.

Why would an income tax reduction reduce salaries? It makes no difference to the cost to the employer and wages are negotiated as gross not net.

Because employers will pocket the difference according to your argument, employers will offer lower gross salaries because employees will get the same net salary with lower income tax.

Last edited:
Well,
Samsung Odessy G7 pulls 78w
the BenQ 28" 4k is 55w
Samsung Odessy G9 108w
Asus TF gaming monitor 65w
My iiyama g-master is rated at 60w

So plenty suggest they are around that.

Have you checked they are calibrated right? Sounds like they are using a high brightness setting as my 65" TV only uses 90W.

I have to run my Dell 25" at the lowest brightness setting for the calibration to be correct!

4x the throughput of my current dishwasher. Bet people would start mining on them though.
Mining will only last for so long before all the coins go PODD (proof of dirty dishes), and at that point the market might be flooded with clapped out models that have been run without enough salt for years on end.

Back
Top Bottom