Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

The true inflation rate is shocking. I've seen prices even at lidl going up by now but 20-30%.

Interesting that the main drivers are housing and utilities
Utilities we knew (and will start to fall out soon) but housing 58% !?

I suppose thats mainly due to mortgages so your individual will likely deviate from the headline by a massive amount if your still fixed, or have recently moved mortgages, or are renting etc

Proves again why the headline rate means little for individuals

food prices over the past 4 months have just gotten ludicrous and they haven't stopped climbing yet it seems. milk's gone from about 115p to 165p, 1/4lbers could be 275p on a tesco card offer, they were 490 today, bread was 85p for yonks then jumped to 105p, now it's at 145p, coffee was 475p and was 600p today. wish i had a bigger freezer, i've been getting a few 2-for-1 offers on stuff and stocking up when i can.
my expected 2% pay rise ain't doing ****.

It's going to increase further as well, the supermarkets claim were all in it togeather and they have no choice to increase the prices, but I can guarantee they will be posting record breaking profits yet again next year.

Of the big 4, 3 are actively trying to help, by at least easing the burdon on the staff, sainsburys have been giving free food to staff members who are on shift for a while now and extended that for another 6 months. They have all increased pay significantly over minimum wage, in fact in most cases its well over what the new minimum wage will be in April already.

The only company that I am aware of who have yet to do anything to help their staff is Asda, pay is still the worst of all supermarkets (as much as £2-3 an hour less), they are churning through staff like no bodies business and have recently just announced job cuts and pay cuts for the staff that replenish the store shelves over night.

Interesting that the main drivers are housing and utilities
Utilities we knew (and will start to fall out soon) but housing 58% !?

I suppose thats mainly due to mortgages so your individual will likely deviate from the headline by a massive amount if your still fixed, or have recently moved mortgages, or are renting etc

Proves again why the headline rate means little for individuals
America at 1/4 truflation vs UK and currently dropping.

Popped to the local supermarket today to grab a few bits.

Kenco Coffee +50p (now £6 for 200g jar, was £4 for 200g)
Marmite +90p (now £5.65 for 500g jar, was £4.75 for 500g)
Crunchie 4 pack +10p (now £1.35, was £1 a year ago)

At the rate everything is going up, I'm gonna have to start up an OnlyFans account!

Last edited:
30 kWh per day roughly for 2 people? seems like a lot to me.

I'm at home all day, we have quite a few 24/7 electronics like router, NAS etc.

Our house is just brick with no cavity wall and the floors are floating over a cavity which vents to the outside via airbricks. We don't heat our house that much but we easily burn through about £6-7/day in gas if its cold.

Back
Top Bottom