Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

they can cool which is a massive advantage.

That's the issue with them as far as I'm aware? Government don't want to put subsidies on those unlike air to water because of the fact they can cool, so people will basically start using more electricity in summer. Personally I think the sun shines more in summer so people could just use their solar to run their AC if they have it.

That's the issue with them as far as I'm aware? Government don't want to put subsidies on those unlike air to water because of the fact they can cool, so people will basically start using more electricity in summer. Personally I think the sun shines more in summer so people could just use their solar to run their AC if they have it.
It’s only an issue from the incentive perspective but it typically costs less to install, a lot less in fact. The incentives for air to water only bring it in line with air to air due to a lot of the re-work needed for air to water.

Air to air Multi-splits can even heat hot water cylinders now which was the age old issue with going full air to air. You used to need a separate solution for hot water, usually an immersion but that isn’t the case anymore and you can use the heat pump to do it.

Last edited:
What are the running costs like?
Mine uses about 600w give or take but it’ll cycle on and off so it isn’t constantly drawing that power.

9-AA2-BD2-C-E58-A-436-C-A96-D-3-D130-ED876-D2.png

We turn it on when we get in from work and you can see where it cycles on and off, it’s drawing 0.9kWh when it on but that total house power draw.

Compared to a oil filled radiator or similar it’s far more efficient.

I looked at Eon vrs Octopus as I'm currently with eon and daily prices were the same and unit prices very slightly cheaper with Octopus.

As I already have over 300 quid in the bank with eon I just decided to stay with them on a variable rate.

After watching the news this morning I'm hopeful I've made the right decision as energy unit wholesale prices seem to be coming down..... Watch this space

I looked at Eon vrs Octopus as I'm currently with eon and daily prices were the same and unit prices very slightly cheaper with Octopus.

As I already have over 300 quid in the bank with eon I just decided to stay with them on a variable rate.

After watching the news this morning I'm hopeful I've made the right decision as energy unit wholesale prices seem to be coming down..... Watch this space

Are you looking at the tracker prices properly here?

Not the standard variable ones.

I am paying 7.17p/kWh today for gas vs 10.4p/kWh on the standard variable tariffs. Prices can be seen here (changes daily): http://mysmartenergy.uk/Tracker/Southern-England

Reactions: fez
Currently I reckon I am saving about 30% on the per unit price being on the tracker. That probably comes down to 25% if you consider the standing charge. That’s a big saving

Back
Top Bottom