Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

People with Octopus, check your payment amount, they seem to be upping monthly payments as the Gov payment is over.

They increased my payment 3 fold to just under £100, even with over £600 credit on the account, and use less than £25 a month.

I'm currently in for around £500 credit with them, and they just reduced my monthly payment by around a quid.

From 01/04/2023, you'll be paying £110.00 on the 18th of each month

That's ridiculous :( - I hate these storage heaters!

Your new Direct Debit of £80.00 per month will be active from 1st April 2023.

Just changed it, I'm £400 in credit ffs

Last edited:
People with Octopus, check your payment amount, they seem to be upping monthly payments as the Gov payment is over.

They increased my payment 3 fold to just under £100, even with over £600 credit on the account, and use less than £25 a month.
Well its a given it will go back up but it should be by the £67, however the government has been pushing the suppliers to review DD amounts monthly instead of only once or twice a year. Octopus have previously stated they review every April.

Checked my account just now and its still at the reduced amount, I expect it will update when they take the next payment, they gave me £67 on Feb 1st then again on Feb 28th, so I assume that's my last £67.

If my DD goes back up to my normal DD, I will be £3 in credit.will see what they do.

Last edited:
Some suppliers

Who btw, would like to go see the unit rates on these fixes.

Edit, ah its ovo, but you need to be a customer to see the rates. Anyone can report back what they are? A quick look suggests the average household will drop to £2000 usage by the end of year, so the £2200 fix may be costing you £200 for the security if it goes the other way.

Last edited:

Octopus have been great for us.
We were paying £30 a month but from last September they put us on a ‘payment holiday’ and it’s still £0 payment now. (£300 in credit)

Now the Government £67 payments have finished I’ll likely increase it to £20 to cover the standing charge

Last edited:
Who btw, would like to go see the unit rates on these fixes.

Edit, ah its ovo, but you need to be a customer to see the rates. Anyone can report back what they are? A quick look suggests the average household will drop to £2000 usage by the end of year, so the £2200 fix may be costing you £200 for the security if it goes the other way.
  • Plan rates​

Electricity​

Unit rate:
    31.84p/kWh
    Standing charge:
    61.67p/day

Gas​

Unit rate:
    8.84p/kWh
    Standing charge:
    28.96p/day

Had smart meters installed yesterday and the engineer hands me the IHD and says rechargeable battery in it. Here's the lead to recharge.

Woke up this morning and no display

Plugs in

"Recharge Battery"

Leaves in, message stays

Thinks, hmmm I'll whip the battery out and recharge in my charger ....

IMG20230325085307.jpg

Facepalm

Currently unplugging all non essential items and anything mainly on standby is going on a smart plug so can be off at the wall with a flick of the app

IMG20230325085307.jpg

Facepalm

Currently unplugging all non essential items and anything mainly on standby is going on a smart plug so can be off at the wall with a flick of the app

We've got that model, EDF?

Oven, hob, kettle, washing machine heater, iron all make it go amber. The first three are important, the last two less so. :)

We set a £7.00 budget which in cold weather we just met. Without central heating we manage on about £3.00 currently.

@{SAS}TB
That's odd, as I have the same display and it has it's own rechargeable battery built in. It doesn't last for very long though, or certainly not as long as I'd have expected it to.

@Hagar
Look at the bill in the background... :D

Edit, ah its ovo, but you need to be a customer to see the rates.
ofgen need to re-open the market (they edicted it could be closed to prevent churn) so suppliers are obliged to offer all tarifs to everyone ,
plus, they'd be exposed to stabilization charge liability.
also, similar to this pretense that there is a queue for octopus tracker, the allusion of an open market, and, we just don't have the man-power to swap faster - yes really

Had smart meters installed yesterday and the engineer hands me the IHD and says rechargeable battery in it. Here's the lead to recharge.

Woke up this morning and no display

Plugs in

"Recharge Battery"

Leaves in, message stays

Thinks, hmmm I'll whip the battery out and recharge in my charger ....

IMG20230325085307.jpg

Facepalm

I did that, my Dali sub never worked again after the first of/on cycle.

We've got that model, EDF?

Oven, hob, kettle, washing machine heater, iron all make it go amber. The first three are important, the last two less so. :)

We set a £7.00 budget which in cold weather we just met. Without central heating we manage on about £3.00 currently.

We're with Shell but think the Chameleon units are common to a lot of provides?

You should see it with the tumble dryer on :D

@{SAS}TB
That's odd, as I have the same display and it has it's own rechargeable battery built in. It doesn't last for very long though, or certainly not as long as I'd have expected it to.

Yeah I was expecting a rechargeable battery or something built in! Bit of googling and apparently you will only get a few hours off a full charge anyways ... Bonkers

I did that, my Dali sub never worked again after the first of/on cycle.

Ah, will take a look on the app later and see if it's still reporting ....

• Plan rates​

Electricity​

Unit rate:
    31.84p/kWh
    Standing charge:
    61.67p/day

Gas​

Unit rate:
    8.84p/kWh
    Standing charge:
    28.96p/day
Absolutely horrid SC, and unit prices mediocre.

The electric price is only 1.2p a unit cheaper than the current SVR, how did they end up with such a big differential on their claimed typical annual usage cost, this is why its good to see the actual prices.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom