Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

does anyone know if there is a waiting list for octopus Flux? currently on Go faster and exporting with them (SEG rates) so I think they have all the info they need about my gear. my current contract ends 22nd April.
I did ask their support but their response was wait till your (my) current contract expires then apply to go on it, which didn't answer my question. I know they are busy so do not want to hound them unnessesarily.

if it has a 6 month waiting list I will miss summer so I may as well just stay on octopus Go.... but would rather go on Flux if I can
I think its only the tracker on a waiting list (not agile/flux just the normal tracker) because someone posted the tariff on hotukdeals causing a surge in demand.

Last edited:
Just went to knock my payment on Octopus down and they really are miles better than the legacy energy providers. Its all super simple, you can just reduce the payments, claim back any credit on your account or make a one off payment with only a few taps. The whole app is great.

Yep, can't complain about Octopus. They just credited us £100 for taking over the supply early in Feb (which is more than the calculated difference I was expecting) and we've got an engineer visit tomorrow to look at the smart meter which isn't working. I'd been trying since July last year to get an engineer visit with EDF

Just went to knock my payment on Octopus down and they really are miles better than the legacy energy providers. Its all super simple, you can just reduce the payments, claim back any credit on your account or make a one off payment with only a few taps. The whole app is great.
After dealing with companies like British gas, npower, Scottish power etc. it's quite a strange experience dealing with octopus, I'm not used to customer service :D

Tbh I am expecting issues over next 6-12months with Octopus from taking on so many customers. Their staff are not as well trained as used to be likely due to costs of scaling etc and they aren't as consumer side competative to push harder against the other big companies.

think our town needs to club together , only £2.5K each, not sure if 12KW / day is enough
A US-based developer of small nuclear reactors has signed a deal to sell 24 of its power plants to UK customers, putting pressure on rival makers including Rolls-Royce.

Last Energy said the £100m modular units, which are two-thirds the size of a football pitch, can output 20MW of electricity, enough to power 40,000 homes. They will be deployed in 2026 with no government funding required.

Several companies are developing small, factory-made nuclear power plants. It is hoped that making smaller units will lead to lower prices through “economies of scale”, by spreading the cost of development over many units.

For heavy energy users with 24-hour operations like steel mills and data centres, nuclear power is attractive because it consistently provides power,

---------------------------------

the ofgem cartel V - not yet revoked
decision-derogations-slc-22b-requirement-make-all-tariffs-available-new-and-existing-customers

On 16 February we published our Decision on short term interventions 2 to introduce SLC 22B,
which will require domestic suppliers to make all their tariffs available to new and Existing
Customers. This licence condition takes effect from 14 April 2022.

SLC 22B has been introduced as a temporary mechanism – in combination with the Market
Stabilisation Charge - to help stabilise the domestic retail energy market and minimise
consumer detriment. The policy intent is to temporarily reduce the likelihood of unsustainable
price competition between existing suppliers in the event of wholesale prices falling quickly
and significantly. By doing so, this measure will help to mitigate the prospect of large supplier
losses and therefore higher costs and risks to consumers. It is also intended that this would
limit price discrimination by suppliers that disadvantage loyal customers and help to improve
consumer trust and confidence in the retail market. This would improve access to cheaper
tariffs for consumers who may be less willing or able to switch supplier, particularly those in
vulnerable situations.

SLC 22B provides for Ofgem to exempt from this policy measure any tariffs which do not
affect the risks we are concerned about and can otherwise be seen as being beneficial to
customers.

Our ongoing engagement with suppliers revealed that many were intending to submit
requests for a derogation from SLC 22B for the purpose of being able to continue offering
fixed tariffs to Existing Customers. Further to this, we published a consultation 3 on 11 March
2022 to seek views on issuing a market-wide derogation from SLC 22B (Requirement to offer
all tariffs to new and Existing Customers) to all licensed domestic electricity and gas suppliers,
for the purpose of allowing them to continue offering – or offer new – Fixed Retention Tariffs
to their Existing Customers only. In the consultation, we stated that we do not consider that
these tariffs affect the risks we are concerned about in relation to market stability,and
consider they can have wider benefits to consumers. Furthermore, we considered that this
approach would allow for a more efficient and transparent process for all concerned.

Last edited:
I'm a mechanic, far from a nuclear physicist, but for some odd reason a rash of "mini nuclear power plants" is sort of concerning to me, especially as we don't seem able to even keep a load of pretty inert oil in check, let alone cover all the possibilities that could arise from nuclear devices dotted all over the show.

Hopefully it stays that way. I was with bulb before and I'd have to ring up as the app wouldn't let you lower the direct debits even though your in credit.

Only issue I have with octopus is why are they sending out bills where it shows date 13 -23 march? Surely it should be the whole month, not 10 days

Back
Top Bottom