Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Tried helping somebody submit a reading to Octopus and their website is conveniently broken and I'm really struggling to get a reading submitted. :mad:

https://octopus.energy/

At 10pm we’ll be offline a maintenance window to bring additional capacity online - it should be no more than 10 minutes.

We're super busy today so you might have a long wait if you call.

The best day to give us a meter reading is this Saturday (our standard variable prices don't change until 00:00 Saturday 2nd April.) Make a note of your readings or take a photo of them on Saturday. When we receive this reading we will apply it to your account from 00:00 midnight on the Saturday. You will have a week to submit them to us, so please don't worry if you can't get it to us that day.

Smart meter customers do not need to send us a reading.
If you're on a Fixed tariff, it's always good to submit regular readings, but your prices won't be changing so we don't necessarily need one right now.

You can also submit a meter reading in a few days once the nutters have stopped DDOSing the websites. Every energy supplier I have ever been with lets you input the date the reading was taken, there is no rush to submit it today.

You can also submit a meter reading in a few days once the nutters have stopped DDOSing the websites. Every energy supplier I have ever been with lets you input the date the reading was taken, there is no rush to submit it today.
They thought they were doing right by following the well-meant advice of Martin Lewis. Being an expert, you might expect him to realise the impact from having most of the country following his advice and submitting meter readings.

They thought they were doing right by following the well-meant advice of Martin Lewis. Being an expert, you might expect him to realise the impact from having most of the country following his advice and submitting meter readings.
He has said that if you cant do tonight do it as close as tonight as possible ASLONG as you are taking a meter reading tonight. His advice is correct.

Something I never realised until the other day is that if you have "life saving" or medical equipment in your home you apparently don't get any help with the cost of running it (in terms of electricity) above what you might be eligible for as pip/dla (which is likely already going to be going towards other disability related costs such as transport or paying for carers).
You certainly do for some things, our Soon needed oxygen so that's how I know.

https://www.airliquidehealthcare.co...carers-home-oxygen-service/electricity-refund

Work is now pushing out a load of information on saving energy, some of it work related but a lot aimed for people to use at home. While well meaning a lot of it people will already be doing or not really practical to put into use or the real world gains a fraction of that in the literature or requires an unrealistic level of upfront cost for tiny long run savings, etc. :(

Their current plan is to stick their head in the sand and hope it has fixed itself by the next budget update.

I found it concerning that when asked how his government is going to help people with the cost of living crisis, the response from Boris was that they are helping people into jobs. You have to hope that they realise that people working fulltime are struggling with all this, not just the unemployed.

Heads well and truly in the sand, they like robots keep phrasing jobs fix everything as if they think its only the unemployed affected. (and I suppose that those who cant work dont matter).

Their ideology is been really shown up here.

Something I never realised until the other day is that if you have "life saving" or medical equipment in your home you apparently don't get any help with the cost of running it (in terms of electricity) above what you might be eligible for as pip/dla (which is likely already going to be going towards other disability related costs such as transport or paying for carers).

Dont worry they can just pop out and get a job to fix it all according to Boris.

Truly disgusting situation.

Submitted my monthly readings today as normal on the app with no issues. I'm fixed still for the rest of April so not a real issue if I couldn't but I like to see what I use each month and nice to see my current DD covers it (just).

Using the new rates, my new DD (up 2.5x from current) will cover it as well meaning my energy provider seems quite accurate on the DD value they have suggested when I got into SVR. Still not happy about the large increase though.

Back
Top Bottom