Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

So Eon Next are now offering me fixed for the next 12 months. £229. Still a bit off the £160 ish I was paying but a lot better than the 300 odd of last winter.

Is it worth fixing or will the prices come down even more?

A few of us post the predictions in this thread.

Basically the next year they are saying will be around flat to now.
Most of the fixes are basically at that level anyway, but with exit fees.

Personally unless your particularly risk adverse, or higher prices are particularly problematic for you, then I would roll the dice and risk not fixing.

Hardly surprising. The producers / suppliers have witnessed the populace soak up the higher costs (with temporary governmental support) and with the impending requirement for greater investment for greener tech, it is unlikely the consumer will ever see pre-2020 levels of energy costs again.

Yeah, double edged sword in effect since the benefit of higher prices pushes more to eg solar.

ooooof

Power prices not expected to shift below 2022 levels until late 2030s, says Cornwall Insight

No way they can predict to 2030.

Really, this reads... Prices will stay at current levels for the foreseeable future

No way they can predict to 2030.

Really, this reads... Prices will stay at current levels for the foreseeable future

They just did predict to 2030 ;)

I suspect you mean no way they can accurately forecast. And of course like any forecast its only as good as you data points and a bit of luck.
I am sure they are pulling in policies into this and making assumptions.
The main one I picked up was the no new ICE thing means that they see grid usage up (no surprise) so even though more and more green techs will come online they will only slightly outpace the additional green demand from heat pumps, Evs etc

They just did predict to 2030 ;)

I suspect you mean no way they can accurately forecast. And of course like any forecast its only as good as you data points and a bit of luck.
I am sure they are pulling in policies into this and making assumptions.
The main one I picked up was the no new ICE thing means that they see grid usage up (no surprise) so even though more and more green techs will come online they will only slightly outpace the additional green demand from heat pumps, Evs etc

True! :D

But yeah, no way you can count on the predictions being right.

That's 7 years off.

I for sure will be looking at next house for solar appropriateness.

Its likely it will be an off the gas grid house too. So will either be ASHP or, more likely, oil.

True! :D

But yeah, no way you can count on the predictions being right.

That's 7 years off.

I for sure will be looking at next house for solar appropriateness.

Its likely it will be an off the gas grid house too. So will either be ASHP or, more likely, oil.

Its interesting.
We do a 15 year long term plan at work. its for 5/10/15 years and we do it every 5th year.

When you compare old 15 to new 10 and old 10 to new 5 (ie the ones that line up) its interesting that when you boil it down the big differences tend to come from macro environmental effects.
So whilst they cannot be expected to be super accurate, they do give ok trends.

The next one, (2025), is going to be very interesting. Since we ignored COVID on the last as it was only really just getting going, and also we have now much higher inflation than assumed.

So I think you will find unless something quite unexpected happens they probably wont be that far out, assuming they are using good data in regards the main factors that are going to have the largest effect.
Which is probably EV takeup, renewables coming online, and no significant change in regards Russia and its energy.

Looks like Octopus are moving across individuals who were invited to move to Tracker today has started. Rather annoyingly, even though I had stipulated to move gas only, they have also moved my electricity from agile to tracker. Another email!

Looks like Octopus are moving across individuals who were invited to move to Tracker today has started. Rather annoyingly, even though I had stipulated to move gas only, they have also moved my electricity from agile to tracker. Another email!
Yup they have done my electric and gas too and i only ticked gas

Just to add some hilarity of the unfunny kind against Eon, my previous supplier. I've just had a bill out of the blue for 800 bangers! it appears these chancers, when they installed my smart meters, did not decommission the previous mechanical gas meter and have now billed based on estimated costs since April 2022!

*sighs* I'll phone them tomorrow.
I wanted to add @DLockers to this as he seemed to enjoy sparring with Eon Next but er it appears he's been expunged!

Anyways, my own hilarity ensues as EN claim the phantom meter reading, which was replaced by them over a year ago, was provided by Octopus. Octopus have not a clue and have repeated they provided opening meter readings from the smart meters only. EN are stating Octopus need to correct their phantom reading, which they never provided, and the bill stands. Complaint process started and Octo have also opened a "Dispute" with EN. he ho.

Well thats annoying, likewise they've moved both my gas and electric despite only marking gas for tracker.

I'm not sure I can be bothered to move it back - the agile rates at peak time have been consistently over SVR recently

AND to add insult to injury; email just received stating they have backdated it to the July 1st, so have now also missed out on last weekend’s plunge pricing sessions!

Back
Top Bottom