Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Has anyone had any luck getting the required documents if the Solar Panels were installed by a company through the Council? I've contacted them and they said it's down to the Council giving them the permission to give me the certificates to join Octopus Outgoing :(
Are you sure the council aren't claiming the feed-in?

Not that it matters to me anymore as I've switched to the tracker, but the Octopus charges are a little higher than normal for the SVR, Does anyone know why? I'm in the SE and in the past they've always followed the national avarage

YOUR TARIFF

Electric
31.19p/kWh
Standing Charge 36.54p/day

Gas
7.51p/kWh
Standing Charge 27.47p/day

Last edited:
Has anyone had any luck getting the required documents if the Solar Panels were installed by a company through the Council? I've contacted them and they said it's down to the Council giving them the permission to give me the certificates to join Octopus Outgoing :(

I doubt any of us with them have had them installed by Gov, will be private installs.

Your update sounded like you were being sent them before? https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...no-referrals.18948056/page-1157#post-36440618

I agree with others, you may not actually be eligible for the export payments as you don't own the system, gov may be registering for the payments.

They'll still benefit you nicely in the year with generation and usage, but this would be a reasonable assumption.

Last edited:
I agree with others, you may not actually be eligible for the export payments as you don't own the system, gov may be registering for the payments.

They'll still benefit you nicely in the year with generation and usage, but this would be a reasonable assumption.

Sounds about right! Not sure how they'd register for payments though without my electric account number..

Sounds about right! Not sure how they'd register for payments though without my electric account number..

Import and Export are two separate things, you can have import with one supplier and export with another.

So with the generation meter data and the certificates, they probably can register for export with a supplier.

Oh dear..... You don't understand it at all yet you've got your elderly mum on it who has a 100% dependency on electric?
Tracker is more than 50% off capped rate. I have been on it since Jan. what’s there not to understand one rate is cheaper than another??

Enlighten me

Last edited:
What? They are basing predictions on data etc, not just making it up as they go along.

Tracker prices each day will be based on wholesale prices as you go along.
Thats it isn’t it. Wholesale is live current data.

How can octopus have data for more than 24hrs in the future? It’s a prediction based on past 24hrs. But isn’t there things that will affect the whole sale prices in the next 24hrs that can impact on the prediction especially these -ve predictions?

Just saying if it is -ve maybe the margin of prediction is a bit off??

Got the tracker signup email. Anyone know if they've changed anything over the existing tracker tariff? Already on Gas tracker (Nov 22 v1)

I would encourage people not to totally waste energy to make money, moving stuff you need to do into the negative price rate is good and recommended, but turning on the heaters and opening the windows is bad.
Stops them turning off power though which is why they need people to take the power as I understand

Last edited:
I still not yet had a referral, younger sister sent me text last night "we went with edf variable we found it cheaper than yours" So all that explaining what tracker/agile is, in one ear and out the other I guess. Probably just did a lazy compare of variable tariffs and quoted direct debits.

My dad understands though just he doesnt have a smart meter. Has agreed to move just for the £50 luckily.

Back
Top Bottom