Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Flexible/SVR always did say prices follow wholesale costs but it's definitely not the tracker, as tracker will say it's tracker by name.

I twitter DM'ed them this morning because I couldn't request a partial refund on balance held, and they replied basically instantly to say it's being passed to credit team to issue within the next week or so, can't argue with that level of service.

I don't really use Twitter but for speaking with Octopus it's been really handy.

Unless you have solar and/or batteries (or work regular night shifts) then the tracker really is a no brainer at this time of year (perhaps all year). As a dynamically changing flat rate for each day it consistently performs better than the Agile or similar tariffs.

Right now I don't see a reason to change. Might reconsider that coming up to winter depending on the noise around word wide gas supplies and the issues with Russia at which point getting a fixed might be the way to go.

It's crazy that when I changed to Tracker at the start of the year the representative on the phone was talking about the benefits of Agile pricing every 30 mins but I pointed out that on average the tracker was always cheaper which they didn't understand.

Agile has plunge pricing, which Tracker does not. On average Tracker is cheaper I agree, but Agile has been good too.

Unless you have solar and/or batteries (or work regular night shifts) then the tracker really is a no brainer at this time of year (perhaps all year). As a dynamically changing flat rate for each day it consistently performs better than the Agile or similar tariffs.

Right now I don't see a reason to change. Might reconsider that coming up to winter depending on the noise around word wide gas supplies and the issues with Russia at which point getting a fixed might be the way to go.

It's crazy that when I changed to Tracker at the start of the year the representative on the phone was talking about the benefits of Agile pricing every 30 mins but I pointed out that on average the tracker was always cheaper which they didn't understand.

The only issue with coming off tracker is the 9 month time out period to be able to go back on.
Which is clearly to stop people jumping on and off across the seasons, and makes sense.

Same here, with Sainsbury’s Energy which is just a re-skinned Eon Next with Nectar points.

Better in my account than theirs, I’ve just paid it up as I’m expecting to move to Octopus once my 2 year fix ends in about 20 days.

Same here, with Sainsbury’s Energy which is just a re-skinned Eon Next with Nectar points.

Better in my account than theirs, I’ve just paid it up as I’m expecting to move to Octopus once my 2 year fix ends in about 20 days.

I recently moved to Octopus, very impressed so far, glad to finally escape British Gas.

Don't forget to use a referral code if you do join them.

Back
Top Bottom