Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

God Bless Sweden.
You gotta love these prices "sometimes" Tomorrow is the day to turn on the Crypto Farm.

ZZaAJMB.jpeg
Wow, even at 48.31 ore, that's only $0.04 /kWH. I thought that my electricity was cheap at $0.12 /kWH!

How much is your gas (if you use gas?)?

This month.
Actually I got this wrong it's nothing lol
Less than a quid a day in English...more like 80p

We get our hot water bill included in electric "fjärrvärme" district heating network. I've been miss counting that as part of the leccy.

+25% tax on everything too.

Last edited:
It's going to be an expensive winter given that we won't have the £66 per month govt rebate
We "banked" ours. Upped our direct debit back up to its normal level when the gov help started. Thanks to that and it being summer now, we've already dropped our DD by £50 and have an account balance of over £900 - this means we should be able to drop the DD a little more and still be more than fine over winter.

To be fair, it's been our first year in the house and I was a bit overly cautious with our estimated usage when I set the original DD.

Last edited:
Got an email from Shell last week saying that they were now offering tariffs again..

Just logged into my account and see that they have now put us on a 'Flexible 11 DD ebill" tarrif.

Electric
29.382 p/kWh
50.31 p/day standing charge

Gas
7.378 p/kWh
29.11 p/day standing charge

Anyone still on Agile?

I havent budged, although hot weather a week Monday might be pricey!

I am.

Agile has been cheaper than Tracker for me since Tracker applications reopened. So I've stayed put. Will likely jump ship at the end of the month though as Tracker is cheaper at higher wholesale prices.

I am.

Agile has been cheaper than Tracker for me since Tracker applications reopened. So I've stayed put. Will likely jump ship at the end of the month though as Tracker is cheaper at higher wholesale prices.
Glad im not the only one.

Do you mean a move because of likely higher winter prices?

Still on agile at the moment, did apply for the new flux trial but haven't heard back.

The production has been so low vs last year that I haven't really done much with it.

I'm looking at switching to Octopus, anyone know how long it takes to be eligible for tariffs other than Flexible?

The signup quote page only offers me FlexibleOctopus, though their tariffs page showing various others available, so presumably need to have been existing customer for some time. Also anyone have a referral handy they'd be willing to share/PM, be much appreciated.

No gas.

To compensate for almost "free" electric the standing charges are stupid high.
Ah yes, had my water bill recently I don't use much £135 and nearly half that was standing charge. Despite that the water company had to impose hosepipe bans in june that were only recently lifted because entire areas were unable to receive water entirely

Last edited:
I'm looking at switching to Octopus, anyone know how long it takes to be eligible for tariffs other than Flexible?

The signup quote page only offers me FlexibleOctopus, though their tariffs page showing various others available, so presumably need to have been existing customer for some time. Also anyone have a referral handy they'd be willing to share/PM, be much appreciated.

Do you have a smart meter? I think the smart tariffs don't show unless you do have one.

Sent you a referral link if you still need it. Once you have a smart meter you can switch between tariffs.

Last edited:
Thanks guys.
I do have smart meters installed, and they are both smets2. I'll check again closer to/once the switch happens, or perhaps call them tomorrow.

First impressions positive, not actually switched yet, but the Account and dashboard are informative, and are miles ahead of my outgoing supplier (Utility Warehouse).

Last edited:
Thanks guys.
I do have smart meters installed, and they are both smets2. I'll check again closer to/once the switch happens, or perhaps call them tomorrow.

I've switched within the past month & I can't see an obvious option within my account settings. There's only the option to fix or be on the variable tariff. This link is what you need though I believe.

Last edited:
Glad im not the only one.

Do you mean a move because of likely higher winter prices?

Yes.

Agile is the better tariff when wholesale prices are low. But if/when rates start to rise, Tracker will fare better. It's down to the formulas used to calculate prices: Agile has a higher price multiplier, Tracker has a higher fixed cost.

Prices don't need to rise much from current levels for Tracker to wind up being substantially cheaper. For example, a wholesale cost of 12p per kWh gives Tracker rates around 22p per kWh (the formula varies by region), and a price of 26.4p on Agile (plus 12p per kWh during peak hours).

Back
Top Bottom