Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Octopus tracker daily tariff is showing today on my app as:

ELEC = 16.68p/kwh with 42.77p standing charge
GAS = 5.49p/kwh with 26.84p standing charge

Are those standing charges not high?
Is the current SVR capped and at what amount? I've been a bit out of the loop since I went on tracker and just sort of forgot about it all.

Octopus tracker daily tariff is showing today on my app as:

ELEC = 16.68p/kwh with 42.77p standing charge
GAS = 5.49p/kwh with 26.84p standing charge

Are those standing charges not high?
Is the current SVR capped and at what amount? I've been a bit out of the loop since I went on tracker and just sort of forgot about it all.

Cap is:

Between October and December 2023, average standing charges for customers on default tariffs will be capped in line with the levels set by Ofgem in their price cap, at 53.37p per day for electricity and 29.62p per day for gas, excluding VAT, for a typical dual fuel customer paying by Direct Debit.

I asked Octopus whether you could just fix gas ages ago and haven't heard back.

I still see the September Loyal Fix available, which is basically their current price cap.
You should still be able to, check your account options online. I fixed a few weeks back, was quite straightforward though the online account.

Anyone keeping an eye on the gas tracker prices? :p a near 10ºC drop in temperature from the weekend to this weekend will surely have people switching their heating back on. I certainly will - or, at least, I'll be putting the programmers back on "Auto" from "Off". The house isn't cooling down just yet, though I suspect it will by the weekend.

Yeah they have blipped around a little recently.
My heating is "on" but at a temp of 17 so its not been coming on.
Earlier on I noticed the last few days the gas usage has jumped to around 10kwh though so I think it must have been on a little.

We have been doing some manual washing up as the dishwasher broke on Saturday and the new one is due today (but running very late now) but i am struggling to see we are using almost 3x our normal summer gas usage for water heating.

Didn’t the gas prices actually go down last winter.

Pretty sure the correlation between the rising price and winter approaching isn’t as closely related as you suggest.

Don’t forget tracker prices are a few months ahead of the price cap which is projected to jump slightly in January. With that being the case you’d expect the tracker to be around or above the price cap. The current uncertainty in Israel probably isn’t helping either.

Last edited:
Yeah they have blipped around a little recently.
My heating is "on" but at a temp of 17 so its not been coming on.
Earlier on I noticed the last few days the gas usage has jumped to around 10kwh though so I think it must have been on a little.

We have been doing some manual washing up as the dishwasher broke on Saturday and the new one is due today (but running very late now) but i am struggling to see we are using almost 3x our normal summer gas usage for water heating.
17!

Moneybags over here!

Back
Top Bottom