Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Back in 2019, OFGEM conducted a review into how various costs are recovered:

In brief, this review moved a bunch of fixed costs from the unit rate over to the standing charge, making the price of energy more representative of the actual costs involved. The changes were supposed to come into effect as of April 2021, but got delayed a year through to April 2022.

There's a campaign by Martin Lewis & MSE to have the changes reverted to help lower income households reduce bills.
There is variable costs like transmission costs that have been moved, if Ofgem consider that fixed I dont know what dictionary they reading from.

There is variable costs like transmission costs that have been moved, if Ofgem consider that fixed I dont know what dictionary they reading from.

TBH I would say its should be part of the fixed costs, seeing as its basically the infrastructure costs
"The Electricity Transmission part of your bill, which is subject to approval by the energy regulator, Ofgem, covers the cost of building and maintaining the network."

Natural gas is creeping up due to Israel/Gaza conflict stirring things up in the middle east, as well as a few other ongoing supply disruptions to the UK and global market.

How are you guys on tracker/flexible?
Reminder to keep an eye on how things develop.

Natural gas is creeping up due to Israel/Gaza conflict stirring things up in the middle east, as well as a few other ongoing supply disruptions to the UK and global market.

How are you guys on tracker/flexible?
Reminder to keep an eye on how things develop.
4.92 today

4.73p gas today but it was the lowest for a few months the other day (6th) so unless Israel gets completely out of hand I don't expect it to move significantly

Not seeing any news about shortages of stored gas in Europe so I expect its fine. The press only like to give you the doom message so the lack of that tells me the opposite is probably true.

Can’t imagine whose interest that would be in.

Me either

U6uflLn.jpg

Is the octopus tracker tariff still a good option?

On gas, no.

Tracker prices are only just under the Ofgem price cap and are likely to tip over it in the next days / weeks.

For electric, there's probably a few more weeks of being below the price cap but it's rapidly approaching parity.

On gas, no.

Tracker prices are only just under the Ofgem price cap and are likely to tip over it in the next days / weeks.

For electric, there's probably a few more weeks of being below the price cap but it's rapidly approaching parity.
I'm still sitting in the gas tracker for the time being while central heating is off; standing charge on tracker is also at 27p, which is several pence below October cap. I'll cling on to the last second before I make the jump to variable!

I'm also still on Agile, which works for me and the standing charge for that is 22p below the October cap (31p v 53p) !

Back
Top Bottom