Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Where do you see this? I normally just check the rate on the app in the morning but would be nice to be a bit more pro-active.

Would be interested too. For Agile, the next days rates are only available from 4pm each day.

My Smart Energy

Here, just pick your "area" and it will give you the price for tomorrow. Its not affiliated with Octopus but it has been correct for me 100% of the time. It usually updates at around 12:30ish.

You can also see all the different tariffs that Octopus do, including Agile.

Last edited:
I wonder where the vast majory of shares are now? I doubt there are that many "Sids" left. Either way that's pretty much what happened.

Well its somewhat irrelevant, the shares were not initially sold to the city. (generally, the city picked up the surplus plus an initial offering to help set price)

Most will be in pension funds / investment trusts etc now I would guess.

Most things are better in France.
Obviously I don't know the ins and outs but I haven't seen anything better here than in France.

Generally I would agree

Speak ot the Frenach and they (like NL, Germany etc) all say the same as us however.
Its just that the UK has been focussed far more seriously on our own demise by voting for things like brexit.

Where do you see this? I normally just check the rate on the app in the morning but would be nice to be a bit more pro-active.

Would be interested too. For Agile, the next days rates are only available from 4pm each day.

I joined the Octo Aid Discord server and it sends me a notification at about 11am every day with the next day's electricity price. The gas price notification goes out at about 5-6pm but that one is less important (to me): https://www.octoaid.co.uk/services

Last edited:
Generally I would agree

Speak ot the Frenach and they (like NL, Germany etc) all say the same as us however.
Its just that the UK has been focussed far more seriously on our own demise by voting for things like brexit.
Thier worker rights are better, holiday time, pension age, environment (I believe), not over populated, still in the EU.
I literally can't think of anything stand out that's worse. There must be.. But I don't see it.

sunny tommorow cambs - so any washing will dry outside ... wasn't planning to roast the fatted calf either so electricity use can't be more than usual.

Europe is topped up with gas and has the month+ worth of supply, versus uK where Rough capacity still limited, so not convinced we are really better set than last year if it kicks off,
having LNG on future order from USA must be an expensive gambling game.

French can afford the increased energy prices(&food) because income inequality much less and lower quartile ar e£8K better off
- mosquito's are bad, but they're maybe a justifiable ill, for having warmer climates.

Those Agile prices are eye watering in the 7pm slot tomorow. Time may have come to jump over to SVR for electric then return again in the spring to Agile

Last edited:
Tracker prices increasing, 16.84 E/6.43 G today, will be 23.8/6.49 tomorrow, big jump in leccy.
Should we start to worry now or remain patient?

I'd say stick with it until the next weekend. Wed-Fri should be windy so that'll help with the electric side of things but the gas will be the real indicator. We're not really using Gas for heating in earnest yet so the hit will be smaller. But it goes over the end line for more than a couple of weeks i'm going to think about moving off for the Gas at the very least.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom