Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

and depends on what your usage is .. if you are a low user where standing charge is a big percentage of daily bill then tracker less beneficial % wise.

Hydrogen in the home is a nonsense.

Imagine if absolutely everyone isn't using a boiler that can cope?

Better to subsidise people even more for heat pumps

if anyone can listen to this and still argue for H2 in cars or heating the home then i give up. Its a long video but it covers a lot of uses for H2 (including ones where using green hydrogen makes total sense). It also nails why certain groups are pushing H2 in cars and home heating so much

Now you can question Professor Cebon's qualifications and claim his stats are wrong........ which is perfectly fine but if anyone wants to do that it would only be fair to put your own credentials down imo and show some of the workings where it does make sense compared to his maths.

as it happens it also nukes my theory that perhaps H2 will work in lorries as well so i think i have to admit that is out too.

Last edited:
EonNext have processed my partial refund but also halved my monthly DD... Not sure why as I calculated my annual usage and the old payment was pretty much ok...

I'll have a look later today over the last 2-3 years to check though

EonNext have processed my partial refund but also halved my monthly DD... Not sure why as I calculated my annual usage and the old payment was pretty much ok...

I'll have a look later today over the last 2-3 years to check though
EDF did similar to me a few months ago, gave me a several hundred pound refund, cut my DD in half, and now six months later recalulated and put the DD up to more than it was before.

Does anyone have any experience with the octopus heat pumps are they any good ? I'm currently in a new build, with gas running our radiators.

EDF did similar to me a few months ago, gave me a several hundred pound refund, cut my DD in half, and now six months later recalulated and put the DD up to more than it was before.

I just had a look at the last 2 years usage (Oct 21-Oct 22 & Oct 22-Oct 23) and average annual usage is:

Elec - 1000kWh
Gas - 2625kWh

I then upped each usage by 10% as a buffer and used my current fixed rates and my monthly payment should be £69 (including SC) so I am going to up the payment to £70 as the £41 they have reduced it to is just not going to work. I also have £60 in the account already so there should be enough "wiggle room" between the 10% buffer in usage and also the £60 excess credit left in there.

Last edited:
For tracker folk, I just had my quote for fixing gas. NB: this has taken like 4 weeks to get to. I've generally had quick responses from the team but this has been a very poor experience.

ZhIQoR4.png

What do folk think - if I sign up, it means I effectively opt out of tracker for 9 months IIRC.

You're probably realistically locked out for a year with that exit fee.

If guaranteeing the price you pay is more important to you, then fix it I'd say.

I'm OK with a bit of flex as long as it averages out, so I'm sticking tracker for now, but it's a gamble and maybe I'll regret it.

Last edited:
For tracker folk, I just had my quote for fixing gas. NB: this has taken like 4 weeks to get to. I've generally had quick responses from the team but this has been a very poor experience.

ZhIQoR4.png

What do folk think - if I sign up, it means I effectively opt out of tracker for 9 months IIRC.
i cant say what you should do, but all i can say is i took that (almost) exact fix.
my logic was in winter gas is more likely to be expensive, and in summer i use so little gas that its all about the SC then anyway which i cant really escape.

as a low gas user what ever happens i am only looking at a few quid a month difference anyway.

Last edited:
I was on flex for gas anyway so I decided to fix at the same rate for the 1 year, I'm taking the variability risk on agile for electric instead. Since my gas use is steady all year and spikes 3/4 times in Dec/Jan/Feb then a surge on tracker during those months would wipe out a lot of my gains the rest of the year.

Back
Top Bottom