Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Has anyone signed up to the Octoplus rewards scheme?

There doesn't seem to be any negatives to opting in to the scheme from what I can see. I'm not missing something obvious am I?

Has anyone signed up to the Octoplus rewards scheme?

There doesn't seem to be any negatives to opting in to the scheme from what I can see. I'm not missing something obvious am I?
I have signed up to it. They ran something similar before where you got paid for using less electricity. This one goes further where they will give you free electricity. Keep an eye out for the sessions as they can be a bit random or last minute at times if it is anything like before.

Last edited:
I've just signed up, had a read through the t&c's, seems like a no brainer if you're eligible. I can't imagine they'll be many free electricity sessions at convenient times, it would really need the wind blowing and low demand time period such as overnight or middle of the day.

Last year, Scottish Power didn't do the energy reduction at peak times scheme, or whatever it's called. Got an email from them last week stating they're doing it this year, downloaded a different SP app and I just need to wait on them sending notifications as to when those times will be.

Last edited:
It's very easy to set up using the Octopus integration from HACS. It's been a while since I got my mini but I'm fairly certain it was a plug and play exercise to pull the data into HA.

I'm with Octopus and have a smart meter opted for monthly billing. I get a monthly bill which I hadn't noticed has been for electricity only.

Today I received a bill from octopus for 6 months of gas - seems they hadn't charged me! Thoughts? Any chance of getting it reduced?

I'm with Octopus and have a smart meter opted for monthly billing. I get a monthly bill which I hadn't noticed has been for electricity only.

Today I received a bill from octopus for 6 months of gas - seems they hadn't charged me! Thoughts? Any chance of getting it reduced?
I think there is a code of conduct where they can't charge you for non-invoiced gas, but it needs to be from more than 12 months ago.

See if customer service can put you on some kind of payment plan perhaps?

Last edited:
Still on Octopus tracker since March ish time. I'm not understanding why people are comparing it so much to going to a fix or SVR since it is still so much cheaper no? Maybe not so much with gas (5p vs 6/7p) but with elec I can only see new tariffs around 27p. Octopus tracker has only been above 20p a few times from what I can see?

Still on Octopus tracker since March ish time. I'm not understanding why people are comparing it so much to going to a fix or SVR since it is still so much cheaper no? Maybe not so much with gas (5p vs 6/7p) but with elec I can only see new tariffs around 27p. Octopus tracker has only been above 20p a few times from what I can see?
I'm on this Agile Octopus tariff, and they provide you with the average price you paid per kWh over the month, my September-October bill calculated I paid an average of 14.89p/kWh and I used 694.6kWh.

Octopus calculates my current combined gas/electric annual bill @ £915.80 for Agile vs £2,060.42 for 'Loyal Octopus 12M Fixed'.

I also have an electric car and five people in my house; I've saved a ton of cash on this Agile tariff.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom