Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

I'm on this Agile Octopus tariff, and they provide you with the average price you paid per kWh over the month, my September-October bill calculated I paid an average of 14.89p/kWh and I used 694.6kWh.

Octopus calculates my current combined gas/electric annual bill @ £915.80 for Agile vs £2,060.42 for 'Loyal Octopus 12M Fixed'.

I also have an electric car and five people in my house; I've saved a ton of cash on this Agile tariff.
where do you charge the electric car??? no way you would have an annual electric/gas bill of less than 1k with charging an electric car too........

Unless you have solar/batteries subsidising your Use??

Last edited:
where do you charge the electric car??? no way you would have an annual electric/gas bill of less than 1k with charging an electric car too........

Unless you have solar/batteries subsidising your Use??
Over the last few months, there have been several periods of NEGATIVE cost, so -10p per kWh and most other times it's been <10p kWh when charging overnight.

This month it's started to get more expensive, but still <20p kWh. I have no batteries or solar.

Although Octopus estimated my cost to be £915, OctoAid says this:

Rich (BB code):

Octopus saving session tomorrow
So for 1 hour tomorrow between 5:30pm to 6:30pm it says you will get £2.25 per KWH of electricity you don't use, compared to normal? Coincidentally it seems we used about 1KWH at that time yesterday and it was indeed a peak on my usage graph. Says you also get entered into a prize draw. I wonder how my household will react to a ban on electric use or heating for one hour. :)

So for 1 hour tomorrow between 5:30pm to 6:30pm it says you will get £2.25 per KWH of electricity you don't use, compared to normal? Coincidentally it seems we used about 1KWH at that time yesterday and it was indeed a peak on my usage graph. Says you also get entered into a prize draw. I wonder how my household will react to a ban on electric use or heating for one hour. :)
Shift the use where possible and use batteries for everything else. We usually keep the wifi on and everything else to the absolute minimum.

Seems like a lot of work unless you can automate it

How did they notify you by email?

Yep email

Plan to use as much electricity as you need during that time: it’s a perfect time to do the hoovering, run the dishwasher or washing machine, run your heat pump or immersion heater, charge up, make dinner, you name it. It’s your responsibility to use electricity safely at home.

How will I get my free electricity?

We’ll use your smart meter readings to work out how much electricity you used during each Power-up. Every few weeks, we’ll credit your account to cover the cost of the electricity you used in Power-ups.

- Only in certain areas though, not nationwide

such a limited set of areas Cambridgeshire

make the most of cheap energy now - with government increasing offer/cfd guaranteed price for new windfarms by 50%,
does that have any carry over to financing of existing windfarms, where maintenance/loan costs must all have shot up,
if old rates stay the same guess same companies will offset any losses by higher offers for those new windfarms

Back
Top Bottom